on 29 October 2014
As a Collins had a really good reputation I thought to buy this book for my Italian student. What a mess! The most important contents till page 32 (all the glossary of verb grammar terms, introduction to verb formation and so on) is about Spanish Grammar. Now... I can understand that some people believe that these languages are similar, but are not! I bought an Italian verbs book, not a Spanish one.
on 20 February 2014
but doesn't have all the tenses. Good examples of verb use. It depends what you want I guess, and your level. I would say for advanced/intermediate it is not much use...the verb examples you could find in conversation book. Better to use 501 Verbs!
on 28 July 2016
Easy to use and good source of referencing. Impressed people reading this Collins by the pool in Italy rather than my usual Jackie Collins book!
Havent got to grips yet with the verb wheel - will in time.
on 3 June 2013
It doesn't work well. I have a Zanichelli DVD to use on my PC, I need something similar that can be used on a lightweight portable device. At A level plus I need a big dictionary with good search facilities, like the Zanichelli. I can't carry a big dictionary around with me and translation devices are too low level.
on 26 June 2013
Very useful. I was struggling with Italian verbs, and decided to give this a try. There is an index of verbs at the back which lead you to the page that either that verb or one that works the same can be found. Made my life much easier since this arrived.
on 7 April 2013
The first one I received, contained 30 pages of the wrong book (Spanish verbs). I complained to amazon, and they responded profesionaly and sent me a new one. I also complained to Collins, and they didn't even respond to my email.
The new one I received from amazon did contain all the right pages, only was glued together badly. I did get to keep the first book, so I can't complain about amazon, because they did do something. Collins has delivered two bad books, and did not respond to my email.
on 29 October 2017
The order came before the estimated time provided and the book was in excellent condition, i am extremely happy. Thanks 😀
on 10 September 2014
Useful to have on Kindle but have difficulty finding and moving to the verb I want to see.
on 30 December 2015
thanks
on 22 February 2016
Useful but verb index should also be in English as well as Italian.