Customer reviews

1,161
The Tiger Who Came to Tea Buggy Book
Format: Board book|Change

on 13 July 2016
This is an absolutely lovely book. My children enjoyed the original and I am really looking forward to reading this to my grandchildren. I would note one small warning though: some of the paper engineering is a little bit difficult for younger hands, and even adults need to practice it a few times, to make sure that they don't break the parts. It's also worth doing a dry run, on your own, to unstick some of the movements, which are a bit tacky on a newly purchased book. Also, take care to move the correct bits: some parts open like pages, while others involve pulling 'arrowed' tabs. Things get a lot easier after the book has been used a few times, but it's worth breaking it in carefully :-)
on 14 August 2017
I was always jealous of people who had this book when I was a kid, so I bought it to read to my daughter. There is a lovely sense of nostalgia in the book (a milkman? The grocer boy?) but also a bit of "daddy works and mummy cooks the dinner". It's ok though-just a product of the time it was written. The illustrations are charming and simple and the size of the book is good to capture the gaze of kids. The length is good for baby bed time too.
on 27 May 2016
These books were such a great price my kids love them and ask for them pretty much everyday! Luckily the books are great stories and really nice to read even after many many times, the pictures illustrate the story's really well and my children have so far not got bored of them. It's nice to have slightly longer stories in the form or board books as they are so well loved and they will Last for ages and they can easily turn the pages and there wont be any accidental rips. My children are 2 and 4 and the books are perfectly suited to their ages I look forward to getting more of the mog books.
on 19 March 2016
A classic story that I enjoyed myself as a youngster and so purchased it to share with the children at the setting where I work who also love looking at this book with me. A far-fetched story of a tiger who came to tea one night and ate all the food in a little girls house. Beautiful illustrations that adults and children will both adore and children seem to find the hungry tiger pretty amusing! Timeless story to share with your little ones.
on 26 March 2017
One of the best and a firm favourite in our house. Loved by children and parents
on 13 February 2017
My autistic son is very particular in what he likes and he LOVES this book. We have brought many copies not because of poor quality but because he's worn them out.
on 9 May 2016
I was advised to get this from others who remember it and although I don't quite understand how they could let such a cheeky tiger eat them out of house and home, my 3 yr old enjoys the story and that's what is important. The illustrations are fun and encourage my daughter to discuss the story as we read it which helps develop her reading comprehension.
on 2 December 2014
A classic book that is engaging for young children both through the language used, and by the great pictures. This is a firm favourite of my children, and I am now buying it for younger cousins (as my children are not happy to part with their copy, even though we have been reading it on a regular basis for years!). It is also worth noting that, if your children do learn to love this book there are some lovely tiger tea sets on the market to extend the play and enjoyment of the book further.
on 9 March 2016
A classic book. I remember reading this as a child and so had to have it for my son. It has been a favourite of his for over a year now. I love the absurdity of the story and the nonchalance with which it is told. The illustration is quintessentially British circa 1980 and has such a nostalgic vibe.

Essential reading for any child - its a classic!
on 11 February 2017
Fantastic book! Loved by the whole family!!