Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 24 October 2011
after bumping into this nice chap in a john lewis' I bought one those lunch boxes off the telly from the dragons den. I used it to go to work much to the bemusement of my co-workers, although I did figure it was more masked envy! Its clear that this chap spends a lot of time in the shed thinking up new and wacky things, a lot like my mothers rather large installment of "Pre-chewed Pencils!".. It looks like this mark champkins fellow might be starting off something of a cult, as he keeps popping up all over the shop.. This little book proved a well worth investment, and I am keen of the arrival of his 'floating cutlery!'..
on 19 November 2011
This book was a clever buy! It is a great read, and really well set out. I have been intrigued by the inventions of people in the public domain, and I reckon we all have an invention in us somewhere. I have bought multiple copies of this book because it is going to make a terrific Christmas present, particularly for friends that I never know what to buy for! An inspiring little book for a broad audience, and I loved the illustrations, and Champkins' inputs on each invention. Good stuff!The Big Book of Celebrity Inventions
on 19 October 2011
Bought this on a bit of a whim as I remembered the guy from when he was on Dragon's Den and had really liked his ideas. Thought I would just dip into it every now and again but have actually found myself getting engrossed in reading it. There is a really good mix of celebrities from all walks of life and the ideas are very well presented; I liked the combination of text and illustration. Great compact size and an absolute for Christmas presents, if not before!
on 20 October 2011
This book has a real mix of information and celebrity, from Hollywood greats like Marlon Brando and Steve McQueen to reality TV favourites like Girls Aloud. There are genuinely ingenious and life changing inventions, mixed with some more light hearted flights of fancy. The blend of facts and fun means there is something for everyone, and unless you are one of the Qi 'Elves', you will learn something too.
on 28 October 2011
I was recently bought this as a birthday gift. I was a little apprehensive at first since in the run up to Christmas you seem to get a whole heap of `novelty' books with very little content but this is a great book for those "did you know" type conversations with your friends. Lots of interesting facts presented in a very entertaining way.
on 17 October 2011
A hilarious yet informative look at inventions by some surprisingly creative celebrities. Provides an insight into the minds of the rich and famous with a few laughs along the way. Brilliantly illustrated and lots of fun, I'm sure this will get every reader thinking about how to solve their everyday problems.
on 27 November 2011
I have this on my iPad via the Kindle app. The pictures look great, but once you get into the content it's somewhat addictive - what on earth is going to come up next? Great to pass around the family and say "look at this!"
on 20 October 2011
Fun, well illustrated and a novel idea. Nice to see something a little left-field coming out of the whole Dragons Den thing. Turns out a whole bunch of celebrities were wacky inventors - who'd have thunk it? :)
on 17 October 2011
This book is fantastic. I bought this after watching Dragons Den a few weeks back. There are loads of inventions of every page. Perfect present for someone for Christmas. Couldn't stop reading it.
on 24 October 2011
I really enjoyed this fun and interesting book, who knew celebrities were such an inventive lot and what fascinating things they have come up with. Loved it!