on 24 July 2013
Pretty useful, managed to use it order a coffee and tickets to museums etc, despite nearly everyone speaking english i felt it was much more polite to at-least stumble through a few phrases where I could. . .
on 10 February 2013
I brought this for my daughter who is doing German GCSE and she has found this book really useful. It is easy to use and find what you are looking for quickly. Good pocket/bag size as well.
on 23 May 2013
have not put in to practice yet but full of easy to learn phrases and how to pronounce them correctly. Will be with all the time this summer whilst in Germany
on 20 August 2012
I bought this phrase book to replace the one I have been using for many years. It is smaller than my old one which is a bonus as it fits so much easier into my handbook and also it's much easier to have a quick look at without it being obvious you are reading a phrase book. I found it especially useful for dining out where a literal translation isn't always the correct translation.
The book itself is very well laid out and it is very easy to navigate.
I highly recommend this inexpensive holiday companion.
on 7 August 2013
WARNING - Do NOT buy this with the intention of using it on an Android device - it does not work at all! Amazon have set it up as a dictionary - which means all you can do is look up words from another book. (Strangely, the Sample works fine.) Hopefully they will fix this ...
on 4 September 2013
This book was difficult to navigate on my kindle and the vocabulary was fairly limited. I didn't find it very useful.
on 8 May 2013
As a frequent holidaymaker I am a big fan of Collins Phrase books and never travel abroad without one. Later this year I shall be visiting Germany for the first time and therefore needed to purchase the German Phrase Book. The fact that Collins Phrase Books are available to download is a real bonus, as I always have my Kindle readily to hand both at home and abroad.
on 11 January 2014
I bought this for my husband as he could already speak a little German I thought this could help him brush up on some words. It is easy to follow and helps to pronounce the words and the spelling, I also like the English to German and German to English I have bought Collins books before and found them very informative and helpful. Good value for money.
on 8 July 2014
I like the sample I received on Kindle and thought that the phrasebook would be very helpful; however when I purchased the book it failed to download, not sure why as the sample is fine, but tried all the suggested help guides without any success, so beware DO NOT purchase a kindle copy of this book.
on 23 October 2013
Bought this to use on holiday in Germany (surprise surprise). It's well organized and has most of the things you are likely to need. I've had Gem Guides on other subjects in the past and never been disappointed yet. Good value for money and highly recommended.