Customer reviews

Making the Cat Laugh
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 November 2000
Lynne Truss (before Bridget Jones & her ilk) offers us a guide to the life of a cat-'owning' modern single woman. Truss takes the decision to work from home and also finds herself single. She regales us with her struggles with procrastination, single banannas, unclear cooking instructions, & the ungrateful (and occasionally homicidal) nature of cats. I love this book and have read it more than once; it made me laugh aloud all the way through.
30 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2014
I saw a review for this in the Sunday paper and downloaded a copy at once. So entertaining and well written that I read it at one
fell swoop. I know that it is fiction but I did find some bits to be a tad sad and I so much wanted a happy ending. Not even a cat
lady but I totally loved this book. There are times when something lightweight hits the spot, thank you Lynne Truss.
One person found this helpful
on 14 November 2015
I frequently laughed aloud at Ms Truss's anecdotes. Great book to pick up from time to time without having to remember the plot so far or who's who. Therefore ideal to have on app on my phone.
on 14 May 2015
Am glad she made the cat laugh cos she didn't make me smile much! Got a little bored part way through (but then did the same with eats shoots and leaves) but picked up the pace a bit towards the end.
on 22 December 2015
It would have been five stars if I was a native from the UK. But this way some of the stories went over my head. So the 4 stars say nothing about the quality - rather about my ineptitude.
VINE VOICEon 21 May 2014
I am a great fan of Lynne Truss's writing, but this really didn't tick the boxes. I gave up after about 30 pages as I just found it heavy weather and really not funny. Sorry if you disagree!
on 17 December 2013
This book made me laugh out loud when I first read it and I'm glad now to have it on the kindle and to be able to re-read it. It's a good book to dip into, as it's a collection of articles.
4 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2015
I've not read it but this lady grabs my attention. The title is alluring due to indicating a cat 🐱 with a sense of humour.
on 13 April 2016
Part way through this: enjoying it
on 13 October 2017
Brilliant book to make you smile, along with the cat.