on 10 April 2016
Loved this continuing story. This is a real page turner and I have bought all the Frakenstein novels by Dean Koontz so far.
on 27 August 2017
More in the series. Great reads.
on 20 July 2017
good book
on 18 July 2017
Good fun as alway and nice to have a happy ending, but the series has probably run its course.
on 28 August 2014
Really lazy writing from Dean Koontz. Thoughts, even sentences, are repeated throughout. There is nothing new in this novel and, like Lost Souls, it reads like a bridging book.
on 30 March 2015
Amazing spine tingling
on 27 November 2011
I loved the first three Dean Koontz Frankenstein books, and advise everyone to read them. I did not know he was doing a fourth and fifth so was thrilled when I saw them advertised and downloaded them both to my Kindle straight away.

The fourth book I felt was pretty much just the precursor to this, the final book. I was so disappointed with the ending of the fifth book I sat in shock for about 5 minutes after finishing it. I have always felt Dean Koontz had trouble finishing books, as though he got fed up or just didn't know where to take his idea. But this was ridiculous. I won't say too much for fear of spoiling it for anyone but in my opinion it was like it had a hidden message from Koontz. The message was telling me that he was forced to finish this book to such an extent that he knew no matter how bad the ending they would publish it anyway, and that he believed it should have ended with book three, like me.

If you have not read any of the series I would say read the first three books, definitely. But approach books four and five with low expectations, unless you are looking for a guide on how to destroy a fantastic trilogy.
on 18 September 2011
I decided to wait for this book to be published before reading the fourth book so as to be able to get the whole story in one go.

As I was reading it, I found the book to be a real page-turner, once started I wanted to read it all the way through. Having read upwards of 20 of Dean Koontz's books I found this to be of a similar standard in all but one respect.

The cover of the book tells us "..... In a climax that will shatter every expectation, the fate of humanity hangs in the balance...."

For me, the climax certainly did shatter my expectaions, and not in a good way. It reminded me of a tv series that is cancelled before it has reached the end of the story; if we're lucky we may get a hastily written final episode that brings a small amount of closure to the story but is not really very satisfying.

If the book was a tv series (yes I know) then I would heartily recommend watching every single episode except the last one or else you may be left wondering why you had bothered with any of them.
on 18 April 2012
I enjoy the Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz and this volume is at least as good as the previous ones. It's not great literature, I know, but it's an entertaining read and I read for enjoyment, not to make literary criticism as some other reviewers seem to do. One problem I do have though, and not just with Dean Koontz books, is the tendency to have chapters that are two or three pages long. I've noticed it with several recent books, do the editors think that our attention spans are diminishing?? The chapters are so short and the storyline jumps about so quickly that it's difficult to get into the flow of the story. OK, moan over! I enjoy the series, as I say, and I'm waiting for January 2013 when, I believe, the next instalment is due to be published.
on 2 May 2012
A novel of surpassing suspense and visceral terror as Deucalion finally hunts down Victor and his army of Communitarians in their quest to dispose of anything human.
Deucalion is my hero and hopefully will find his way back even though this was supposedly the final chapter in the Frankenstein series. I loved Nummy's naivety and innocence and it is especially interesting to watch Mr Lyss's character progress from being a mean spirited, grizzled old codger to an honourable hero. I also enjoyed Carson and Michael's humour and compassion behind their tough macho exterior.
I couldn't put this book down and found it spine chilling and nail biting right to the final chapter.
Dean Koontz has a way of building scenarios that makes them so believable and you find yourself pitying the bad guy as well as hating him.
I thoroughly recommend this novel to fans and newbies alike.