on 31 January 2010
I have to say I have never been a great fan of the man (think its his attitude), but apart from his continual swearing, I loved the t.v. series and decided to try the book. We are great curry cooks and probably have enough cookbooks already, but Gordon has won me over with this one. Beautiful photography - yes! gordon looks pretty good!,the recipes are well laid out, concise , authentic and taste absolutely great and I love the way its laid out into sections of meat, vegetarian, rice etc. For those who think they already have enough indian cookbooks, I think this has something new to offer which cooks of all abilities can enjoy.
on 4 July 2013
Some amazing curry recipes in this book! Easy to make, and loved by all who taste them! I now have a reputation of the curry queen :) Would really recommend this book if you want to learn how to make a cracking curry.
on 3 June 2010
The book contains numerous authentic and unique recipes that are not usually found in the typical Indian cookbook. As a result it is great for someone who is willing to experiment and try out some (very tasty) dishes that won't be found at the local takeaway!
on 18 November 2014
Nice quality of paper . Contains lovely pictures. Additional advantage that recipes require ingredients which are easy to buy in all supermarkets.
on 3 October 2013
This as got some great recipes and the region it was from are quite intersting to read too.,it gives you the ingrediants needed or a substitute
on 25 October 2014
great fan of his cookbooks - however very disappointed with this one - my first kindle download of one of his books - no pictures!
on 13 September 2013
easy to follow & if you do struggle just you tube him doing it or check channel4
lovely book to cook food from.
on 7 April 2010
This is the best Indian cookery book I have, and I have quite a few. The recipes are easy to follow, most have a good finished product picture and most importantly they taste great. The only word of caution I would give would be that you will need a good range of base ingredients to deliver these dishes. A pestle and mortar would also be useful.

Overall, great book for medium-plus skilled cooks. I'm off to see what other recipte books Gordan has. This was my first, but it will not be my last.
on 29 August 2010
I love food and drink and have recently REALLY gotten into cooking and have bought a number of cookery books. This is the most exciting, interesting and mouth watering one that I've bought so far!

The pictures are lovely and the recipes are easy to follow. There isn't so much detail that you feel overwhelmed by the recipe, just enough to tell you how to prepare and cook it which is, as aforesaid, very easy to follow and thus the dishes turn out beautifully!

It is nothing like the Indian food that you will get over here. Very authentic and I would recommend finding an Indian supermarket to get all the spices and bits and pieces needed for it. It'll probably be a lot cheaper than a high street supermarket too.

I'm so glad I bought this book and couldn't recommend it more! Also, at the price it's a steal!
on 29 January 2015
Fantastic Range of Recipes, Very easy to follow and "AMAZING RESULTS"...