Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 March 2017
I know it states that it's the diary of a wombat, but I was really hoping for it to be so much more, it's just a daily activities list of a wombat. My son absolutely loves Wombats but this book didn't capture his imagination at all, and I was bored reading it second page in. My hubby being Australian was disappointed too. Really don't recommend anyone buying it.
on 19 August 2012
Had read the reviews on this book and decided on it for my niece.

It is a cute comical story, not quite as funny as the first(diary of a wombat) but in the same vein. Your kids will love it.
Lovely art work, simple sentences and big print. a great early book for baby and toddler, the pages are paper so it more a book to read to them than to let play on their own, but trust me they will enjoy it.
on 26 April 2017
Perfect for new mums.
I hope this work was autobiographical?
on 21 March 2015
Mothball, the loveable, destructive wombat from “Diary of a Wombat” is back for another week.

She has a baby. This time, the diary is from Baby’s point of view. I am wild about the pictures of Mothball and her Baby asleep and playing together. Cuteness doubled!

Baby discovers a toddler nearby, and he is the perfect boredom-buster. He’s also helpful in the search for a new hole-home for the wombats. Home-hunting is so much fun for Baby.

What a delightful, funny and charming diary. Once again Bruce Whatley, the illustrator, lovingly portrays this wild, nocturnal bundle X 2 with super cuteness-factor-plus. The human is pretty cute too, goes without saying… I especially love the nappies/diapers and spotty socks.

This is a great book for new readers as the text is simple, and repetitive in parts. Good for learning/anticipating the days of the week. For us older readers, it’s a great opportunity to ham-up the voice drama as you read to littlies. I love books where I can go silly with my voice and expressions. So much fun. Three and 4 year olds are particularly happy to have me read this wombat story (and the prequel) to them.

“Diary of a Wombat” and “Diary of a BABY Wombat” together, are 5 star. Diary of a BABY Wombat is 4.5 star on its own.
on 7 April 2013
We have Diary of a Wombat which is a fantastic book, really funny and clever, but this follow up certainly is not a patch on the first, the story line is very basic, it's a short book and does not have any of the clever humour of the first. A real disappointment!
on 8 November 2010
This is a great story. My 6yr old son read the original in the summer and it made him howl with laughter so I had to buy the follow up. Although its a present I've had a peak and I'm expecting lots of laughter again!
on 24 June 2013
We bought it for our daughter but she's still so young that she mostly wants to eat it. We enjoy reading it with her, though. Gentle humour, lovely pictures, and wombats. What's not to like?
on 2 February 2013
Jackie French does it again with this heartwarming tale of the baby wombat.
You don't have to be a child to appreciate the craft of her work.
on 14 December 2013
My son has both the original and Christmas wombat diaries so this is a cute book bought for his baby sister. Will be a fun book to read together.
on 26 August 2014
My 2 year old now knows this book off by heart. She loves it so much that I've read it to her every day for months !