Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2017
The book was written all over. Really poor.
on 26 March 2015
Much of the the usual reader picture book interactivity is lost with this kindle version. The text magnifier is difficult to control and does not infrease sufficiently. I think the price is adequate for its usefulness.
on 15 June 2013
I only gave this 1 star because I haven't been able to read it on my Kindle Fire. The writing is so small and I can't get it to enlarge, no matter what I try so consequently it is unreadable, which is a shame as I have been looking for a more up to date version of this lovely classic for my grand-daughters to enjoy. Because of that I can't rate the story-telling but would advise caution to anyone else buying it for a Kindle in case they experience the same problem that I have.
on 14 March 2010
The most lovely illustrations - Emma Chichester Clark never disappointed. But I would have preferred to have kept to the original words which are so interesting.
I purchased this lovely picture book for my five year old niece, who is a little too young to tackle the original version. Although it is based on the novel by Lewis Carroll, it is fair to say that this does have a slightly different feel to it - younger children will not realise the changes, but they may slightly grate on readers who feel that the text should not have been changed in any way (a view I sympathise with). The main changes come at the Mad Hatter's teaparty, which is much less sinister than in the original book and the Queen of Hearts has also been made safer; all bluster, but no real power. However, this is obviously aimed at a much younger audience and, as such, it is a good introduction to one of the most beloved children's classics of all time. Emma Chichester Clark produces illustrations which bring the characters alive and make Alice a real little girl, having an exciting adventure. There is a further book, "Through the Looking Glass," and I look forward to sharing that with my little niece too, as she loved this book. Being a real fan of Blue Kangaroo, and seeing the similarities in the artwork, helped her give this book a chance and I think it is beautifully presented.
on 15 May 2013
I bought this book for my 4 year old niece - purely for the artwork. And because Alice has short black hair! Growing up with a blonde Alice, I never read the Lewis Carol book. I do wish that the original text was kept, but this book will do for now. She can choose to read the unillustrated one when she is older. Excellent quality, and at a discounted price, definitely worth it! I really like the illustrations, and would actually rate the whole publication a 4.5.
on 28 October 2015
Lovely version of this timeless classic.