on 3 June 2017
great!
on 8 June 2013
I highly recommend this revision guide for any student who is studying maths for their GCSEs. When I revised from this guide, my results in an exam increased by two sub-levels. Despite doing the Higher paper for maths, maths has always been my worst subject and I loathe the subject for my interests and career choice lies with English. Nevertheless, the Collins Revision Guide is extremely helpful for it has a revision section as well as a work book section with practise questions. The revision part covers different topics that are expected to be learnt for GCSE Maths and each section is colour coded with a grade. This book covers grades D-A*. Not only does it have a vibrant spine that sticks out of your book shelf, but also after each topic there is a record sheet that you tick off as you revise, so you understand what you need to do to improve. I hope you found this review helpful and once again Collins Revision Maths is an excellent revision material! It is my mathematical Bible!

Happy Revising! :)
SkullSKRai
on 26 July 2013
Obviously this is not anything to do with Amazon, but I was just disappointed by the product itself as it was very difficult to find the topics for each exam board. At the top of each page it gives information on ALL of the exam boards and units that the specific topic is in, but this took at least half an hour to go through and mark my exam board and the unit that I was revising for. I think it could have been organised a lot better. Also, the revision guide does not explain well actually HOW to do each topic. However, it was fairly helpful.
on 1 January 2014
Good guide with plenty of useful background information and tips. Would be even better if more practice questions could be included.
on 26 August 2011
Maths is without a doubt the bug barer of my life, I detest it with a passion and have done since my school days which were over 15 years ago now! I recently had to take my Level 2 Numeracy as part of an Access Course in 2010, which I passed just. For some strange if not crazy mad reason I am pushing myself further and taking a GCSE in Maths! Give me English, History, Languages or anything but Maths and me do not mix!

I delved into the book and it was not as scary as I imagine, in fact, I found a lot of what I had already done at Level 2 for Key Skills has given me some basic ground to work on for a GCSE in Maths. The book is laid out really well with topics that are easy to follow. It is a workbook with practice exam papers.

Now I have until 11th June 2011 until the first exam paper I sit, so plenty of months ahead for practice and revision and I feel this book was a good purchase as a study aid!
55 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2014
I use this book to help students revise for their GCSE Maths. Ideal for Various exam boards. Detailed, with plenty of examples.
on 10 February 2014
This revison book for GCSE is very good and meets my needs in helping me to prepare for the GCSE Exam in Maths.
on 23 January 2014
This looks like it should be a useful book for teaching GCSE students 1:1 as I intend to use it.
on 21 January 2013
The book came very quickly and was half the shop price as it had been used.Great for students. Has many exam questions in and has clear explanations of topics .Each topic tells you what grade it is which is very useful for revision purposes.As a teacher myself,I would recommend this book..
on 7 December 2011
I had hoped to be able to use this book as a guide to support my son through his GCSE's but I found that there was very little detailed explanation of how to complete exercises and show workings correctly,and no explanation for any of the topics
may be I needed a text book rather than a revision book, but I did expect to see good working examples of how to complete each revision question,after all a student studies for several years prior to the exam,and if it's been a while since you studied a topic am sure most people would need a refresher. So anyway, the book is well laid out, listing all topics, and there are lots of questions and example test papers you can practice with,