Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 June 2017
Did not expect the reading age to be 8/9plus! Hoped it would be early reader about a year earlier (do they have reading ages now- iam basing it on teaching experiences of 20 yrs ago)
BUT it is a great telling by Morpurgo which parents will really enjoy readingt and children enjoy themselves if they can manage it! It also provides lessons for life!,
Bookinexcellentcondition
on 28 March 2017
Used this book as a Year 4 Teacher, the children really enjoyed it. Now my niece, who is in Year 3, is also enjoying it.
on 29 July 2016
Bought this as a class book! Kids loved it!
on 6 May 2017
Cannot download this Ebook. Will need to return - not sure why this has happened! Have contacted Amazon via. Twitter.
This is the classic story of Pinocchio, given a whole new twist by author Michael Morpurgo and illustrator Emma Chichester Clark. Told through the words of Pinocchio himself, we hear his story from his very beginnings as a tiny cherry-pip, which grew into a cherry-tree, which finally become the puppet Pinocchio and then the boy. For, as every knows, deep down, Pinocchio is a puppet. He is also, so much more than that – and this is the story of his adventures. Both my ten year old son and my eight year old daughter loved this book and I would say it is ideal for any confident reader of 7+ (as long they are able to tackle longer chapter books) and wonderful to read aloud to children of about 5 up. The illustrations really make the story come alive and this is bound to become a classic in its own right.
on 11 November 2013
Pinocchio by Pinocchio is a great book as it tells you the full story in Pinocchio`s point of view. I never knew that the journey of a wooden boy could be so adventurous! I recommend this book to all kinds of readers as it is very exciting.
on 3 February 2015
Me and my son, aged 7, have really enjoyed this book. It tells you Pinocchio's story from his point of view and it really is a fun read. You get to know Pinocchio and see all of his flaws as he keeps getting into trouble - although he is the first to admit how 'stupid' some of his actions are! My son loved these parts where Pinocchio speaks directly to the reader - I think it just draws you into the story even more. I really recommend this book. Also the illustrations are wonderful!
on 11 February 2014
My kids of love this - ages 4 and 6. We have read it every evening for weeks - good illustrations and beautifully written; indeed, so well written as to be enjoyable to the reading parent.
on 3 December 2013
Michael Murpurgo does it again!
This is a well-loved children's sory with Morpurgo's twist.
I bought it for my 8 year old grandson and delighted in reading it myself first.
Great for sharing as a 'read aloud' with the whole family. Highly recommended