Customer reviews

The Fussy Baby Book
Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 January 2002
From the first moment I knew that my daughter was a bit extra - extra smart, extra loving, extra needy, extra fussy,...and I wasn't sure how to handle her. Most of the time I just followed my instincts but have recently started loosing faith after hearing "you gonna spoil her" from friends and family too many times.
After reading this book I realized that many parents are following this style of parenting. It helped me form a perspective on how to help my high-need toddler's personality flourish and feel sure (and proud) of my mothering style. I only wish I had this book 2.5 years ago before my baby was born - every page breaths with love and the most beautiful ways to enjoy parenting (I am already looking to buy a sling so that my next child has a peaceful transition from womb to the outside world).
I most warmly recommend this book to all the mothers (not only ones with high-need children) as it teaches a lot about children's personalities, ways to help them grow and how parents to enjoy it during the way.
on 6 December 2013
Really informative book, lost of advices and suggestions, although our little daughter has not had classic colics we think is a high need girl as Sears defines this kind aof babies. We feel now more free to go our own methods, trying to know our daughter rythms. We think Sears has come to develop or at least explain an incredible parenting way. Highly recommended for all parents.
on 16 November 2009
I have read this book again and again, first with a "fussy" baby, then toddler, and now with a new baby. Full of insight and compassion for both baby and parents. There's nothing whacky and no rules or judgments - while co-sleeping and breastfeeding is recommended, it's also OK not to do so. Reassuring common sense that has helped everyone in my family.
on 14 December 2015
A must-read for everyone who is parenting a high-need baby. The book has given my husband and I more confidence in how we are raising our daughter and in meeting her many needs happily.
on 24 May 2015
Reassuring read which helped me better understand my baby's quirks and appreciating them. I found the advice/coping strategies fairly obvious though - no new info gathered here!
on 24 August 2013
Bought this book after reading the Sears Attachment Parenting book which I found really really good. I love the Sears work. It is a very practical, supportive and just common sense approach to parenting. The advice just makes sense and works - as I have found out with my newborn. The advice is what babies naturally crave and the Sears actually have parenting experience unlike some other popular baby advice authors.
on 28 January 2014
Sears knows what he's talking about and says the things you felt were true despite what everyone else says and gives you confidence to parent
on 10 February 2015
Great book, helped me so much understanding my ever so demanding baby.
on 30 October 2016
Great support for parents with hign needed child
on 1 April 2015
Great guide for having a high need baby:-)