on 5 June 2015
I'm a bit of a Language enthusiast and currently speak 3 languages, English (obviously!) Bosnian and Spanish. I'm fluent in the first two and think I'm at just over the intermediate level in Spanish.

Anyhow, I've recently looked into picking up another language to learn as I feel I'm at the stage in Spanish where I wouldn't start forgetting what I've learnt by doing another language. I bought this dictionary to work alongside my 'Teach Yourself German' pack and for it to help me bridge gaps in sentences that I'm starting to create.

I've heard that German can be quite a tricky language to learn which is probably one of the reasons I chose it in the first place. This dictionary pretty much has every word I will probably need and the more comfortable I become with German, the less I'm finding I need it. Having said that, it is still really easy to use and to quickly dip in and out of it when searching for whatever it is I need.

The only reason I gave it a 4 star rating rather than 5 is due to the size of it. I understand that it needs to be big to fit everything in to it, but the sheer size and weight of it makes it fairly impractical to carry around with you.

Don't let that put you off this however, it is a very good buy and I will be using it for many years to come.
on 7 July 2014
I do like Collins dictionaries. I have a separate grammar book as I knew that the one included here is somewhat basic but it is still useful. The dictionary is nicely laid out with the pronunciation next to the word which I need. I wished they put a section in the grammar part explaining pronunciation as I would like to guess words rather than have to read the pronunciation for every word but in time, I will get that skill I expect.
I would recommend any of the Collins dictionaries. I am impressed by their books.
on 26 January 2012
I bought this dictionary as it is an essential part of an Open University course, as specified on the front cover. It is quite big, so not good for carrying around in your bag, but it's very smartly presented and packed with not only words, but also treatment of difficult words, pronunciation, cultural notes on life in German-speaking countries and of course a sizeable grammar section at the back of the book which is presented in a very clear way. I highly recommend it!
on 28 September 2014
Comprehensive dictionary with a very wide selection of vocab. The additional grammar guide at the back is particularly useful for learning a language like German.

It is worth noting that this is NOT a 'pocket dictionary' or phrase book. It is a large dictionary with a fully comprehensive list of words.
on 14 March 2018
Very good.
on 18 April 2013
This was brought for my granddaughter who is currently learning German at school, she had found this dictionary very helpful. The price was excellent and goods were package very well and delivery was extremeley quick.
on 6 September 2013
I use it for school and it always comes in handy, the layout is easy to use and there is a range of useful words available. as an added extra they give you tips on gender endings and verbs and past, present, future tenses as well.
on 14 June 2014
I used to use it when trying again my German classes. I failed, but the dictionary was a big help (I was a beginner).
on 4 February 2014
Great value for money fast delivery
a book that helps me a lot, invaluable
I would recommend it to friends
on 30 September 2015