on 30 May 2017
Excellent
on 30 April 2017
I hope that I never run out of these.
on 18 January 2011
I love Times crosswords, any size, but Jumbo is , well, Jumbo.
A great source of information and no doubt addictive.My husband wants me to go on a de- crossword treatment , but I refuse. He can warm up his dinner in the microwave,can't he? And sometimes he's quite useful, knowing German rivers,Battles of etc, Italian artists, Capitals of the whole world.
Joking apart - we both appreciate the crosswords.
And don't forget your Crossword, when travelling - it might make your delayed,cancelled,boring trip a bit easier to endure. All the best!Gunlög
on 7 December 2010
I bought this book for my Dad - he's 89 and loves doing The Times Jumbo Crossword on Saturday. This book is fantastic and has been really helpful during the snow and ice as he can't get out very much in this weather. He likes it so much I am buying another to go with his Christmas presents. He's already completed Book 4, which he did in less than two weeks, he says these crosswords keep his mind agile, its certainly better than any medication he's ever taken!!
on 27 April 2011
A very good value companion to a family holiday when the others are wanting to go hither and thither and you are wanting to quietly relax with an entertaing but not arduous activity - easily to put down when summomed but pick up again when free!
on 4 July 2012
another great crossword book, helps to keep my little grey cells active!!! wish I could buy all the set as cheaply as this one
on 24 November 2012
Love doing these crosswords as they're a great at testing and helping my knowledge, would certainly recommend them to anyone
on 15 January 2011
The content of the puzzles is up to the usual high Times 2 standard; however, the copy I have received has several unprinted (blank) pages where there should be Crosswords, and in some puzzles, the Clues are un-numbered. I gave the book as a gift, so by the time that I was made aware of the faults, it was too late to return it. Advice - check it immediately on receipt and return if faulty.
on 30 July 2013
Very good general knowledge crosswords - make you think. If you get stuck on the odd very obscure clue you have the answers in the back to refer to!
on 5 February 2015
OK, but some of the clues have answers that do not fully match, usually because the answer is a word meaning something slightly different.