on 18 May 2011
I bought several books to help my daughter, who is in year 5 and struggling a bit with her writing. This is by far the best that I bought. Each topic (for example 'using paragraphs' or 'turning sentences into complex sentences') is presented as a double page spread, with clear objectives, examples and exercises. It is very easy to follow, well-laid out, and appealingly colourful. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to help a child who is currently working around levels 3c to 4b.
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 December 2009
I have a number of these books now for supporting reading and writing at KS2. Find them really useful in terms of a starting point for revision sessions and One to One tuition lessons.
on 27 May 2010
I'm a one to one tutor and find this book invaluable. Have recommended to other teachers who've also found it really useful. Good job I bought 2 as can't get the other copy back from one colleague, who is using it all the time.
Much better than the Level 6 book. Disappointed with the crossword in the Level 6 book - one clue numbered wrongly, another clue no one can do!
on 27 May 2013
I did not find this book very useful as it was hard to navigate-very wordy and short on student tasks. The Rising Stars series was much better-get those instead of this!
on 29 February 2012
This is an imaginative book which clearly shows the differences between level 4 and 5 writing. The selection of resources are quite adaptable and could be used in a number of ways. As a small group tutor,I think this will be a well used book.
on 14 April 2013
I was hoping this would give me top tips to pass on to my Year 6 pupils, but no such luck!
on 26 December 2014
Super product and delivery
on 27 January 2015
A++++++++
on 7 December 2015
on 4 February 2013
Some good ideas that can be used when focusing on different writing skills. Useful planning ideas that can easily be adapted.