on 14 April 2013
I had high hopes for this book, but it failed to deliver. I wanted to use it with a small group of Year 6 pupils but I really didn't feel it helped them to learn anything new - it was all questions to discuss without given any answers so they knew (and I would know) if they were on the right track.
on 23 May 2013
I bought a selection of Level 6 reading resources to use with my small group of Y6 children who were aiming for this level. This book is divided into sections and focuses on all the skills needed in order to achieve Level 6 reading. What was really useful about it was that it was produced in a way that allowed you to pick a section that would fill the time available as opposed to practise papers which took more time.
I feel it is a very useful resource when mixed with past paper practise as it isn't set out in the format the children will get in the actual SATs.
on 23 March 2013
An excellent aid for preparing for the Level 6 Reading Paper. There are plently of focussed exercises that help develop the approriate skills. There are some interesting texts used.
The practice papers at the end are quite challenging.
on 1 March 2013
Bought it as a Year 6 teacher for use with my class. So far i have not used it but had a good look through and I think it will be useful for preparing my students for their Level 6 test.
on 18 February 2013
I asked for ages 10 to 11 level 6
This boook did not have an age category in the info
I bought it and it says on the back for KS3
However it is proving to be useful for additional challenging work
on 1 March 2012
I have used this with a booster group in school. It is a useful way of ensuring that the right skills are focused on. The texts are interesting, challenge the children and makes them think.
on 27 January 2013
I have found this book a great resource in helping to achieve those higher levels in key stage two sats. Perfect for teacher lead activities and individual pupil tasks and all split up into the Af focuses for you
on 17 October 2012
I was struggling finding tips and ideas for my class and this helped break down the levels and guide my more able. Glad I bought it.
Excellent delivery, book helped with our higher attainment in Year 6
on 6 July 2013
Used level 4 & 5 with children in my class and also for 1:1 tuition.
Just heard we are taking them up next year so ordered level 6 in preparation as we now have 4 level 5 readers! Although the books suggest use with KS3 children we have been using them with our Y5s as they are bright and colourful and easy to follow with AF levels and next steps.