on 27 August 2000
'Duck in the Truck' is fun to read aloud and even the youngest of listeners is carried along with the rhythmn of the text.
It was the first book of any length that absorbed my one year old, while at the same time the humour appeals to my four year old.
The story is complete - it has a beginning, a middle and an end. The pictures have lots in them, both at first sight and after the endless repetition that goes with reading to very young children! And, almost best of all for the adult reader, all is not sweetness and light with the characters' behaviour. There is something to talk about with your older listeners.
on 22 July 2016
I think this is his best book and my granddaughter loves it - she is nearly 3. She also can chirp in with some of the words. Also it is really good for observation. She noticed and asked why he crouched down to push the truck out of the mud.!!! and also why the goat would fall in the water when the rope gave way. So really good all round, and having to think of a way to answer her questions that she would understand. So great illustrations as well
on 29 June 2017
An excellent addition to any childs library. The wonderful rhymes give the book a lovely pace and allow my pre reading children to join in as they remember the phonetics. The chracters and scenery are lovingly illustrated like with all of the 'duck' books by Jez Alborough. Super duck is one of my kids favourite bed tine books by far.
on 4 September 2017
I do love Jez! His books are fun and easy to read aloud to children whose attention takes a lot to hold for more than 5 minutes! Great illustrations
on 21 January 2013
I ordered the Fix It Duck book by the same author, and then I saw this book and thought I'd get this one too as my son loves the stories. It's a great book, lovely story and fantastic pictures, and it is a real pleasure to read, which is very important when I have to read several stories every night!!
on 24 June 2017
Great book
on 29 May 2017
My son loves this book
on 8 March 2017
Excellent book
on 23 October 2017
my kids have had years of entertainment and still love this book
on 22 October 2017
My son absolutely loves it. Its his favorite bedtime story