on 4 December 2017
As a product this is a very good paperback. Its well made and printed on think paper. It looks and feels very nice. The book itself is a wonderful read. Its light and very entertaining. Its a breath of fresh air from the mass of YA novels currently on the market. Its well paced with a dynamic plot and overall just a very enjoyable read. However, if you are finding the book after you've watched the Studio Ghibli movie, be prepared for some major differences which may leave you with a new impression of the main characters, the wizard Howl especially :).
on 7 July 2015
I don't know why I put off reading this story for so long because it was charming, intriguing and imaginative. I find Diana Wynne Jones' books a bit hit and miss at times - some I've really loved; others I've put down after a few chapters - but this one appealed to me.
on 8 October 2017
Bought as a gift for a 12 year old, but started reading it myself and was pleasantly surprised how well written it is.
on 14 April 2017
Quick Delivery. Howls Moving Castle's Studio Ghibli Movie is my favourite movie of all time, so going to read the book for more magic and adventure. Many Thanks 10/10
on 23 November 2014
Couldn't get into this at all, despite the fact that I really like fantasy novels. I may go back to it in a few months and give it another try.....
on 13 July 2017
Another childhood favourite I recently picked up in e-book form for my kindle
on 8 January 2018
Very entertaining book. The story is nice and characters are well built.
on 13 January 2018
A strange, other-worldly book that my 9 year old son really enjoyed. Lots of very interesting ideas. He had seen the Studio Ghibli film but that didn't hurt at all and this just adds another dimension.
on 16 October 2016
An intriguing read that never lets up. Simply incredible. 5 stars!
on 27 December 2017
Bought for a book lover, she thought it was brilliant.