Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2012
This is the second Barbara Erskine novel I have read - the first I found bland and gave it two stars. Thought I would try her again with Hiding from the Light and Wow! What an excellent - if chilling - read. Brilliantly written, well researched, and covering the story line from several different viewpoints. This worked very well and led to a book that I could hardly put down. Although the darker side of the story is very un-nerving it also rang horribly true particularly from a Christian viewpoint. The only reason I gave it four stars rather than the five was I felt the ending happened a litle too abruptly and would have liked another couple of chapters to tie it all up! Very very good and definitely recommended.
on 19 October 2013
Once again Barbara Erskine has written another spine tingling winner. From my first introduction to her 'Lady of Hay' I've been hooked, and this one is certainly up there with the best. My only problem is that, although I try to pace myself, I end up forgetting to either get the supper or even go to bed in my greed to lap up the story.
on 18 July 2017
As normal another wonderful story from this masterful author.......he of my favourite modern writers.
on 1 January 2015
This book was gripping from the start and kept me hooked. The length of book was great and sad it ended but really glad that there was a conclusion after main event as lots of stories come to abrupt end on last page.
on 2 May 2016
Excellent story and informative read - one of Ms Erskines's best I thought
on 17 May 2017
Yet another excellent read. Well researched and the detail excellent. Did not want this book to end. Bring on the next one.
on 30 April 2017
This is quite possibly my favourite book by far from her collection, I particularly loved the historical connection to Scotland.
on 13 June 2017
Arrived safely and quickly thank you.
on 10 June 2013
I have probably read this book about 20 times now and enjoy it just as much every time I read it.
on 3 September 2014
Another good one from Barbara.