Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 June 2017
Beautiful book that draws you in to a tale of 21st century love in Paris.

My friend who recommended this author also recommended Freud's Fantasy. A book about the affair between Freud and his sister-in-law. The description of Vienna is on par with Kelk's Paris. Exquisite.
on 11 April 2017
I heart the I heart books!..great characters and great story lines. A nice break away from the norm in a book!
on 27 July 2010
Like a lot of fans, I have read the two previous books in the 'I Heart' series and fell in love with the heroine, Angela. As well as giving us a great story, Ms. Kelk also transports you to the centre of the novel, Paris, and makes you want to jump on the Eurostar. Angela is great because she is a real girl - even though she works in a fashionable world she has the same dilemmas as very other girl, from smudged mascara to commitment-phobic boyfriends. The supporting cast are also down to earth and relatable, from Jenny her homegirl (who she made friends with in New York) to Angela's mum, who speaks to her likes she is twelve and tells her off about her behaviour. (Familiar, ladies?) All in all, a hearty, funny, entertaining read with just enough sparkle and stardust to transport you over to Paris and into the arms of rocker boy Alex...........
on 4 June 2013
I couldn't resist buying this book when I saw it in my local supermarket for the bargain price of £1! I had already read I Heart Vegas by the same author and I didn't realise that this was a series so I'm afraid I haven't read them in order. The big question is would it affect my enjoyment?

I guess it affected my reading pleasure a bit because I didn't really feel connected to the characters as I probably would have done if I had read the first books beforehand. However, it didn't affect the storyline itself because everything was explained clearly. I think I would recommend reading the series in order though and I really want to read those books now even though my to read list is already far too long!

The beginning was all about Angela before she went to Paris with her boyfriend Alex, it took a while to fully capture my interest but once it did I couldn't stop turning the pages - it definitely got better as the story progressed. My feelings towards Alex changed regularly throughout the book, alternating between very negative thoughts and `aww isn't he sweet' thoughts. Angela was such a funny character, she was awkward, clumsy and very unlucky but this meant she was also very entertaining! I particularly enjoyed her honest blog posts and her struggles to get where she needed to go.

There were so many laugh out loud moments throughout the book, some of my favourites were: an amusing flight to Paris which also included `suitcase gate', a dangerous nighttime trip to the loo, talkative teenagers on a train, a pickled onion problem and a hugely entertaining fight scene near the end.

The writing was clear and gave me a real sense of actually being in Paris, I definitely shared Angela's enthusiasm for the city even as she wandered from one disaster to the next (I think the beauty of Paris did ease some of her frustrations though).

This was an enjoyable read full of all things girly - bags, shoes, boys and travel, what more could a girl want?
This is our third outing with Angela Clark, the character who first popped up in last year's summer blockbuster read 'I Heart New York', quickly follow by I Heart Hollywood. What I like about reading a series is that you don't really have to start to get to know a new character because you've met them before and know them (so to speak) and I always find it helps me get into a book much quicker. With this book, I slipped straight back into the life of Angela in New York, and I was pleased to be back with these characters again! Angela was the same as ever, back to how she was in IHNY (I Heart New York) and I found this book much better to get into that IHH (I Heart Hollywood - I will abbreviate it from now on lol!). As usual, Kelk sets a small part of the beginning of the book in New York to set up the story for moving the book over to another place, and I really liked the starting few chapters.

The scenes in Paris were really well done, and I could definitely imagine the places in my mind as I was reading them. I wonder if Kelk actually went to Paris to research this book, because she describes lot of things very well, I couldn't tell you how accurate they are as I only went to Paris a few times when I was younger and can't remember much. I enjoyed how she describes the Parisian clubs, shops and of course the major attractions such as the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe which appear several times in the book. I loved the French character of Virginie, the girl who works for French Belle, she is a major Angela fan and this made for some quite funny scenes between the pair.

As well as Angela's struggles in Paris, we see a lot of more of hers and Alex's relationship which is good because this really took a back seat in IHH. I enjoyed how we saw a lot more of Alex because I think he is a great character, and it was nice to see a more personal side to the couple rather than just Angela's job which is really what IHH was based around. I have to say though I really missed Jenny, Angela's New York BFF, she is such a funny character that works so well with Angela, but hopefully we'll see more of her in future books. As ever with Angela, things don't go to plan during the trip and it's funny to see how Angela gets herself out of her problems, although you do wonder how much bad luck one woman can have after a while lol.

If you have enjoyed the previous 2 books in the 'I Heart...' series, then you'll definitely enjoy this one. It's far better than its predecessor, and I think it was such an enjoyable read. I read it in a day because I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out what was going to happen to Angela next, and what was going to happen with her and Alex by the end. It was lovely to read about things in Paris, however accurate they were, and I felt this book was a lot more grounded and believable that the last one, and therefore I did enjoy it a lot more. The gorgeous cover will make you want to pick it up off the shelves in the summer, and make sure you do because it's a great little read! I can't wait for Angela to be back again soon... hopefully in just another 6 months or so!
VINE VOICEon 5 September 2010
Having read, and enjoyed, the previous two books about Angela Clark, i was looking forward to reading the latest installment. Angela is still enjoying life in USA and her relationship with Alex, when the oppurtunity arises for her to follow Alex to Paris and bagging the rights for an article in a big magazine about Paris's shopping highs and lows. The daily life of Angela continues with her ups and downs and accidents and hilarities. there is the added complication to the story, the ex girlfriend of Alex who sets her sights on getting him back, but Angela will not let that happen without a fight. The book ends with Angela making a decision about her long term plans and where to settle; be it back in london, in her own appartment or with Alex, the love of her life.

Lindsey Kelk has continued to write in a light hearted way, which encourages you to want to read more, making the book hard to put down. I felt transported back to Paris, the destination of my honeymoon ten years ago, remembering all the happy moments strolling down the streets.

well done Lindsey on the book and i hope Angela will be returning to a book shelf soon!!
on 14 July 2010
Third in the sequence, I heart Paris is the next step in Angela's life. After finding their fiancé cheating on her in the back of her car, moving to New York, finding new love and an amazing job and nearly f-ing it all up in Hollywood, Paris highlights the trials and tribulations that Angela faces as her relationship has become more serious and she is given an exciting new role for a new magazine.
The thing I love about Lindsey's writing is how easy it is to identify with Angela. We have all been the girl who gets slightly jealous of the ex (and don't deny it!!), who stresses over what our boyfriend ACTUALLY means and who wants to succeed despite all the obstacles. And as I am as accident as Angela I sometimes feel as if Lindsey is writing about things that have happened in my life! Haha!
All of her books give you an amazing insight into the cities that they are set in and are so well researched that you want to visit the amazing shops, bars, clubs, museums, nooks and crannies that Lindsey unselfishley divulges to the reader.

Another AMAZING novel which you will literally not be able to put down whether this is the first of the trilogy that you have read or an avid follower. I cannot WAIT until the next of Angela's adventures is released and read what mischief and disasters she gets herself into!!
on 2 January 2016
I ordered "I Heart Paris" after reading many good reviews and even though I did not have extremely high expectations of this book, I was hoping that it would offer a great perspective of Paris, a city that I absolutely love. The story, characters and events were reasonably funny, original and sometimes twisted enough to make you feel like you were reading a good book, but after going though the first five chapters I felt like I have read enough drama as for an entire season of Gossip Girl - everything was overly dramatic and most of the times it made me think that Angela, the main character, would have been better off in Amsterdam than in Paris.
Despite it being a "romantic week in Paris" with her boyfriend, Angela and Alex have hardly gone out for dinner once. Throughout the book, Paris is mostly presented as a way to affordable city - how many times can a broke part-time writer afford to get a taxi in Paris? - with very cheap wine (not the case as I recall from my most recent visit). And while I understand that the focus was on the Angela and her story, I'm sure the writer could have done a better job at portraying the city more beautifully. Everyone who has ever visited Paris knows it has countless breathtaking sights and too few have been presented in this book. For someone who has not been, the book might be misleading.
on 10 July 2014
I got this book as I love Paris. Hoped the book would mention some of the places I have enjoyed visiting. Rather disappointed in this area. Storyline was ok. Possibly a bit predictable in places. Not the most gripping book I have read. Felt I should finish it in case something out of ordinary happened - but it didn't.
on 6 August 2010
Angela Clark is a loveable heroine with just enough normality to ensure you can relate to her with enough unrealisticness to keep you interested. Who wouldn't want to have their dream job, be dating the lead singer from a band and be living in New York?! This book continues the trials of Angela as she follows her love to Paris where he's headlining in a concert. With the usual mishaps and unfortunate situations, this book is a great Summer read. And if you are unfamiliar with Lindsey Kelk's books then buy all 3 in this series "I heart New York", "I heart Hollywood" and "I heart Paris", great escapism for the wanna-be twenty something girl in all of us.