Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 October 2004
Three short stories and a collection of poems.
Farmer Giles of Ham: Very simular to the hobbit. It's about a farmer that becomes a hero and yes! It does have a dragon.
Leaf by Niggle: Is a must for all. A peice of litterary genius.
Smith of Wooton Major: A humourous story about a disguised fairy.
If you like Tolkiens work but find Lord Of The Rings very heavy, then this is the book for you.
on 29 May 2014
I bought this book for my son. He likes Tolkien's books . He wanted it so that he could read it to his son. I'm not too sure at this time wither he has started it yet or is waiting for an appropriate time a little later on.
on 14 January 2015
I loved the elegant way that the books writing form changes per story in terms of how it fitted with the situations. I learnt more about Tolkiens world in a non rushed way and felt that this was a light read worth reading.
on 3 May 2016
Has lots of words on each page - which when read seem to make sense.
As a paperback book - Was exactly as expected - made of paper and book shaped.
Nice picture of a dragon on the front.
on 14 March 2014
Some excellent stories brought together , some are easy to read and some are not , I was sceptical to begin with but with a few pages I was hooked by a master story again
on 8 April 2013
An excellent collection of short stories by the master of imagination and fine words. Good for all children and adults alike.highly recommend this as very engaging.
on 31 January 2015
I love the hobbit and the lord of the ring so I thought to buy this one as well. However, it is for children only. Even my 12yrs old found it too simple.
on 20 January 2014
Tales from the Perilouse Realm by J.R.R. Tolkien is a great collection of five of his smaller works which are captivating for both kids and adults alike..
on 26 October 2013
OK, Tolkien fans will all know this, but for the general public this is not so well known. My 14 year old son has enjoyed reading it!
on 1 February 2014
I enjoy all the Tolkien books. I wanted this one for a bit mor insight into Tom Bombadil & loved the other short story's as well.