Customer reviews

on 31 March 2011
After researching Bibles and being overwhelmed by the huge assortment that are available, I chose to purchase this one and am very glad that I did. Aside from the beautiful cover and high quality feel of the book, the text is easy to read and easily understandable. I feel that it is aimed very well at adults and older teenagers, as the text is not overly simplified but is also always clear, as a Bible written in old-style English would not be.

There is a 3 week reading guide at the front of the book that gives a good idea of where to start when reading. However, I would say that it could easily be read in 3 days or less, as some sections are very short.

Overall, this is an excellent purchase and arrived in perfect condition.
29 people found this helpful
on 30 July 2013
This is the translation I grew up with and is the version I am buying for my daughter now she is old enough to manage a "proper" Bible, not a story book. It has the lovely, simple line drawings that I remember very fondly which is a definite bonus and is missing from the "grown up" versions of this translation (how sad!)

As for the navigation... Although it would be lovely to be able to punch in book, chapter and verse, I'm guessing that that is as much a problem with the technology of a Kindle as it is of the book itself. From the contents list you click onto the book, from there on the chapter, you are on your own to find the verse but hey, most chapters aren't *that* long! Going backwards is easy enough too - scroll up to the chapter header, click to go to the book header, click that to go to the table of contents (or go direct to contents from the navigation tools if you prefer.... yes, I found that out after I'd played with it for a bit - blush!)
on 11 March 2015
Excellent and prompt service. The Good News Bible, despite (unnecessary) gender neutral adjustments, is to my mind the clearest translation (from the original languages) available to date. It is particularly helpful in translating Hebrew idioms into English equivalents (that is the principle of dynamic equivalence) in the Old Testament.
on 21 July 2012
I use these Bibles for study with International students whose native language is not English. This works very well - for them and for me because I have to buy all the Bibles I use and they are very good value.

My only complaint is that when, recently when I bought 3 more, the seller charged me full carriage price for each of the three instead of making up one package. Not very customer friendly - I'll look for another supplier next time.
on 20 January 2012
Having recently rediscovered my faith this bible is bright and fantasticly easy to read.

The plans and passages for certain times in your life are excellent as are the maps in the back. The glossary is also fantastic for helping with understanding what is written in the bible.

I would recommend this bible to everyone.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2018
Bought for my daughter. She likes her bible
on 4 December 2012
This is a compact version of the Bible, based upon the original Good News translations and line-drawings. I like it because it is easy to hold or to carry to housegroups, etc.. Care needs to be taken when turning the pages as the paper is very thin, but, apart from that, it is an excellent addition to my bookshelves.
on 13 October 2010
I chose this bible to start with as it was the bible on display at our local church. It has a good index, and manay, many lists of how to find things. There was even a page with a 3 week beginners guide which I thought was very helpful.
14 people found this helpful
on 10 February 2018
Very good value.
on 1 June 2016
Fast delivery. Happy with purchase.
One person found this helpful