Customer reviews

on 27 April 2012
I have wanted a bible for a long time. I was given one at school, a Gideons bible, but over time it has got lost.
I asked for a bible for my birthday, and I left it to my best friend to get one, she has bibles, and she knows me very well. This is the one she bought me after perusing through several at her church. My friend really does know me well, as I had already looked on Amazon and read all the reviews, this is the one I was particularly interested in getting but never told her. This is the one I got.
Personally for me this is the best one that I have used and would recommend this one to anyone.
There is a lot of information at the beginning that is really helpful, and would be good enough for teenagers as well as adults.
on 2 August 2010
An informative readable version when following the christian faith. Thoughtfully laid out with illustrations and cross referenced.

Nice to handle with clear print and informative notes.

I am new to serious daily bible reading and liked the straight forward translation. Helping me to understand in a new way contributing to a new path that I always knew was true. Yes, the bible really does engage you on all levels.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I have had many bibles in my life but this version is by far the easiest one to use and read. I am glad I purchased this and the service from Amazon is first class.
on 22 August 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 March 2012
I bought this to replace an old Good News Bible so knew it would be what I was after. Good reference links for quick access and easy to read.
on 20 January 2012
Having recently rediscovered my faith this bible is bright and fantasticly easy to read.

The plans and passages for certain times in your life are excellent as are the maps in the back. The glossary is also fantastic for helping with understanding what is written in the bible.

I would recommend this bible to everyone.
on 15 December 2009
This is just what the teacher asked me to get for my 10 and 8 year old's R.E. lessons and it is easy to read and understand, clearly laid out and has nice illustrations.
on 12 September 2012
I brought this Bible before I went to University and it really helped with my Bible studies. It was easy to carry around and comforted me a great deal when I needed a quick prayer. I love the illustrations and the bright cover. I would recommend this Bible to everyone.
on 24 February 2010
Originally thought of buying it as a house warming gift for a friend but at the last minute decided to order one for myself. Really glad I did. I have several translations of the 'good book' but this one is so good it is the main one my family uses in our daily devotions.Truly it brings the the scriptures to life in the 21st century. It is indeed a very good read for believers and must be a very highly recommended read for sceptics and agnostics.
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 February 2012
This is the Bible we use in our church and as our old ones were getting very tatty we bought new ones to enable the congregaton to follow the readings.