on 31 March 2011
After researching Bibles and being overwhelmed by the huge assortment that are available, I chose to purchase this one and am very glad that I did. Aside from the beautiful cover and high quality feel of the book, the text is easy to read and easily understandable. I feel that it is aimed very well at adults and older teenagers, as the text is not overly simplified but is also always clear, as a Bible written in old-style English would not be.

There is a 3 week reading guide at the front of the book that gives a good idea of where to start when reading. However, I would say that it could easily be read in 3 days or less, as some sections are very short.

Overall, this is an excellent purchase and arrived in perfect condition.
on 2 August 2010
An informative readable version when following the christian faith. Thoughtfully laid out with illustrations and cross referenced.

Nice to handle with clear print and informative notes.

I am new to serious daily bible reading and liked the straight forward translation. Helping me to understand in a new way contributing to a new path that I always knew was true. Yes, the bible really does engage you on all levels.
on 13 October 2010
I chose this bible to start with as it was the bible on display at our local church. It has a good index, and manay, many lists of how to find things. There was even a page with a 3 week beginners guide which I thought was very helpful.
on 24 February 2010
Originally thought of buying it as a house warming gift for a friend but at the last minute decided to order one for myself. Really glad I did. I have several translations of the 'good book' but this one is so good it is the main one my family uses in our daily devotions.Truly it brings the the scriptures to life in the 21st century. It is indeed a very good read for believers and must be a very highly recommended read for sceptics and agnostics.
on 13 December 2009
The Good News Bible is very readable. This edition has some useful lists at the front and back including a timeline, parables of Jesus, prayers, events, and people. It also gives a suggested introductory reading plan for those who are new to reading the Bible.
This is a great book. It tells how anyone can become a friend of God. No-one is beyond finding God's forgiveness.
on 9 September 2011
excellent value. the print is bold and easy to read. very easy to find whatever passage you are looking for in the bible
I have had many bibles in my life but this version is by far the easiest one to use and read. I am glad I purchased this and the service from Amazon is first class.
on 20 January 2012
Having recently rediscovered my faith this bible is bright and fantasticly easy to read.

The plans and passages for certain times in your life are excellent as are the maps in the back. The glossary is also fantastic for helping with understanding what is written in the bible.

I would recommend this bible to everyone.
on 15 December 2009
This is just what the teacher asked me to get for my 10 and 8 year old's R.E. lessons and it is easy to read and understand, clearly laid out and has nice illustrations.
on 27 April 2012
I have wanted a bible for a long time. I was given one at school, a Gideons bible, but over time it has got lost.
I asked for a bible for my birthday, and I left it to my best friend to get one, she has bibles, and she knows me very well. This is the one she bought me after perusing through several at her church. My friend really does know me well, as I had already looked on Amazon and read all the reviews, this is the one I was particularly interested in getting but never told her. This is the one I got.
Personally for me this is the best one that I have used and would recommend this one to anyone.
There is a lot of information at the beginning that is really helpful, and would be good enough for teenagers as well as adults.