on 1 February 2017
purchased this book for a birthday gift, my friend seems very happy with it
on 23 April 2016
No fuss.
Big flavours.
A must.
on 22 May 2015
The book was exactly as descibed
on 3 January 2007
This book has beautiful photos of the meals, gives useful information on what to substitute if you haven't got the correct ingredient for the receipe and is written in a fun way - all ingredients that make this book a good buy.
on 28 August 2017
Waste of money, returned, nothing inspiring
on 30 October 2010
Beautifully photographed, this book is a pleasure to look at. More importantly, Keith Abel lets the reader into his world so that after finishing this book, you will be yearning for a farmhouse kitchen, a country walk and an organic vegetable box!
All the recipes are uncomplicated and unpretentious.Punchy Leeks and Goats' Cheese on Toast is as simple as it gets but very tasty. Equally easy is Baked Strawberries with Honey Whipped Cream - delicious!
These are clearly recipes which are part of the fabric of Abel family life. Try Lamb with Courgette, Lime and Ginger or Venison Sausages with Colcannon and Wild Mushroom Sauce. Both are straightforward recipes with great flavours, sufficiently different to make dinner more interesting.
If this has so far failed to win you over, this book is worth buying for the coleslaw recipe alone. As Keith Abel says, it will knock your socks off!
on 26 April 2011
I LOVE this approach to cooking: it's simple, it's passionate and it's realistic. These aren't recipes to follow rigidly, but rather recipes to inspire you to get more creative in the kitchen. It tells you to be loose and experimental with your cooking - to throw things in the pan, throw some more things in, give it a swoosh, and enjoy. And if it doesn't turn out quite as well as you hoped, try something different next time.

There are, however, lots of practical tips and delicious recipes - as well as useful suggestions for what to do with the more obscure items in my weekly Abel and Cole box.

Unlike many of my cookery books which clutter the shelves looking beautiful under a layer of dust, this one gets picked up regularly. There's always something tasty to satisfy my mood, whether it's exciting and unusual, or soulful and comforting. And if I want to jazz up the sorry, shrivelled veg lurking at the back of the fridge, this book will always have a good suggestion.
on 31 March 2008
Unfortunately Abel and Cole don't deliver to my area but Abel and Cole: Easy, Seasonal, Organic certainly delivered to my table!

I decided to cook up Roasted Squash and Wild Rocket Risotto for me and my girlfriend and, although we don't get organic boxes to our door, there is a nearby farmer's market that provided everything I needed for this easy-to-follow recipe.

I've made risotto in the past and it can go really wrong but Keith Abel's tell-it-like-it-is approach to cooking gave me the confidence to have another stab at it. The food was really rich but definitely delicious and earned me lots of brownie points...

I'd recommend this book to anybody who loves great food but doesn't want to waste time faffing over fiddly preparation. Plus it's particularly good if, like me, your partner is a strict veggie but you enjoy a nice bit of meat - I'll try the Calcutta Lamb Burger recipe for myself next!