TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 February 2017
Brought this book for my two year old and he is really enjoying being read it. I read this book as a child myself and it's lovely to be able to read it to my son now. My son doesn't quite understand the story yet but the illustrations are great and it's an easy read so it keeps him entertained throughout. I try to make sounds and change my tone as i'm reading it so it's engaging for him.
on 13 July 2016
This is an absolutely lovely book. My children enjoyed the original and I am really looking forward to reading this to my grandchildren. I would note one small warning though: some of the paper engineering is a little bit difficult for younger hands, and even adults need to practice it a few times, to make sure that they don't break the parts. It's also worth doing a dry run, on your own, to unstick some of the movements, which are a bit tacky on a newly purchased book. Also, take care to move the correct bits: some parts open like pages, while others involve pulling 'arrowed' tabs. Things get a lot easier after the book has been used a few times, but it's worth breaking it in carefully :-)
on 14 August 2017
I was always jealous of people who had this book when I was a kid, so I bought it to read to my daughter. There is a lovely sense of nostalgia in the book (a milkman? The grocer boy?) but also a bit of "daddy works and mummy cooks the dinner". It's ok though-just a product of the time it was written. The illustrations are charming and simple and the size of the book is good to capture the gaze of kids. The length is good for baby bed time too.
on 27 May 2016
These books were such a great price my kids love them and ask for them pretty much everyday! Luckily the books are great stories and really nice to read even after many many times, the pictures illustrate the story's really well and my children have so far not got bored of them. It's nice to have slightly longer stories in the form or board books as they are so well loved and they will Last for ages and they can easily turn the pages and there wont be any accidental rips. My children are 2 and 4 and the books are perfectly suited to their ages I look forward to getting more of the mog books.
on 11 March 2018
This is a childhood classic and a must for any child’s book collection. Despite being a bit “old fashioned” (who has a milkman or boy on a bike from the grocers visiting these days?) children love this story! I’ve been reading it to children for over 25 years and this year sees the 50th anniversary of the book! I bought a tiger onesie to go with it for our 2 year old nephew. I’m sure he will love being The Tiger Who Came to Tea!
on 19 March 2016
A classic story that I enjoyed myself as a youngster and so purchased it to share with the children at the setting where I work who also love looking at this book with me. A far-fetched story of a tiger who came to tea one night and ate all the food in a little girls house. Beautiful illustrations that adults and children will both adore and children seem to find the hungry tiger pretty amusing! Timeless story to share with your little ones.
on 11 March 2018
I am so glad I bought this for my 4 year old daughter. I remember loving the book as a child. It's so retro and cool; I found myself getting nostalgic. After we read it, my daughter ran up to my wife and explained to her how it is a 'classic'. In all seriousness, it is; this is why it is so highly rated. Enjoy.
on 13 February 2017
My autistic son is very particular in what he likes and he LOVES this book. We have brought many copies not because of poor quality but because he's worn them out.
on 29 March 2018
One of the best books I have ever read.
As a real man in a world of bleeding heart liberals I loved the fact that when Dad came home from work there was uproar that his tea was not on the table. Even though a tiger was to blame. The real issue was Mum wasn’t in the kitchen cooking. And he had a proper beer with his tea. Top lad.
Great book. Aspirational stuff
on 10 April 2016
I bought this as a gift because The Tiger Who Came to Tea is one of our favourite children's books. It was a very good price and great as a baby gift because they are both board books and therefore, almost, babyproof. The books aren't too big either which makes these easy to have on bookshelves or take with you when travelling with baby. As a boxed couple of books it made them feel more gift-like too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse