on 5 June 2000
With this beside you cryptic crosswords become so much easier! Anne Bradford constructed it and keeps it up to date by keeping note of what crossword compliers actually use. Much much more helpful than all the books with potentially useful lists.
on 12 April 2012
bought this for my dad. he'd had a paperback one of this crossword book for years but was falling to pieces. great value and he was really pleased to find it still in the same format after all this time
on 9 September 2007
I was very disappointed with this book. The very first thing I wanted to look up was "4-letter reddish colours" but there wasn't a heading of "colours" so I tried "shades" but still with no luck. I then had to scour the entire index and eventually found it in the R's under Shades of red.

Likewise, Boys' Names are under F ?? Yes, they're under "First Names" !!

I now have an index full of my scribbles on where to find everything!!
on 24 September 2010
This is a huge crossword dictionary presented by Anne Bradford, who has specialised in crossword tools of the trade over many years.
I think the book is good value for money (discounted through an Amazon purchase) and I could recommend it to any crossword puzzler.
A word of warning, though. It is a crossword Dictionary, and does not deconstruct the number of letters you might need to pin down an answer. Also I have found two or three times that an actual answer has not been suggested where it might have been. I am sure this is inevitable, and over time, if I am able to collect my own amendments to her dictionary, I shall send these suggestions in, and hope that she will respond to them and add them. Until then I am happy to add this volume to my tools of trade.
VINE VOICEon 29 May 2010
Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's DictionaryCollins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary
Purchased as a present for someone, but having seen it, I think I will put it on my own birthday list!

For those who are addicted to Crosswords, it looks to be an invaluable tool - and so reasonably priced.
on 1 February 2009
Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary

This is my third book I've used in the last ten years - the others fell apart eventually from constant use in solving cryptic Herald Crosswords .It is compact and very well cross referenced - I recommend it !
on 14 August 2009
I bought this book to replace the one I have had for some years - it is nearly dropping to bits with all the usage! I find it the most valuable help I have for completing all the many crosswords I do.
on 28 April 2013
Bought for my hubby who loves doing crosswords, finds it very helpful, and helps him to complete more crosswords.
Good value, with print large enough to read
on 15 November 2009
An excellent book for serious (and not so serious)crossworders. It gives many alternative suggestions on all manner of topics. An invaluable source of reference.
on 17 December 2015
Excellent book and as the edition was bought as used was in excellent condition and arrived in good time.It may not be suitable for small crosswords