on 1 July 2016
An excellent conclusion to the Chronicles.
on 17 July 2012
The third book in the Rain Wild Chronicles series does not disappoint. In fantasy writing Robin Hobb rules, and her books get better every time. If you have never read any of her stuff, you are missing out on one of the best.
on 16 August 2015
Definitely worth reading, a great series.
on 28 May 2012
This latest book was as captivating as all the others. The story weaves in and out of all the characters' lives and ends far too soon. I can't wait for the next release. It is always too long between books!!
on 16 September 2015
I was there living the story, fantastic!
on 22 April 2013
I really like Robin Hobb's books and storytelling MOST times, but I can't but feel frustrated and infuriated and somehow empty or unfulfilled after the end of each of her series. Like a great jagged hook, her books reel you in, but there's always the sense that there should be more at the end. There seems to be a great amount of detail and beautiful, descriptive prose when the characters are doing the most mundane things, but this can cover several pages if not chapters!! However, her endings are always rushed and frantic and gloss over areas that are just hinted at in the preceding pages/books.

This has happened in the Farseer trilogy, the Tawny Man series, The Liveship Traders series and yes, yet again, in her new series, The Rain Wild Chronicles. And fool that I am, I have purchased all of them...always expecting to be given something more substantial that is always hinted at in the first few books and then hastily concluded in the last few chapters of the final book.

I desperately want to like her books and I do, obviously evidenced by my purchase of the above-mentioned series. But I am feeling more and more cheated, especially with this last book, where nothing much really happens and where anything significant is given only a passing reference almost. And I know that what has been touched on, will again only be referred to when she ends the series.

I thought that each series I read would improve and in some cases they did, but I am still left with the feeling of going into a place advertised as a 3-star Michelin venue and leaving feeling like I've just had a 3-day old kebab.
on 20 August 2016
robin hobb books brilliant as usual xx
on 31 March 2016
This book is nothing but a 'filler'.
on 8 September 2015
just love the whole robin hobb world
on 8 November 2014