Format: Paperback|Change

Great book
on 8 March 2017
Excellent book
on 11 October 2011
All the books in the `Duck in the Truck' series are a treat! The story-line and the rhymes are wonderful - this book is no different.
The big surprise in this book is that for once 'Duck' gets it right and is able to be the hero of the piece, instead of just the lovable nuisance he usually represents in the other books.
The other characters we love are all there and true to form: suave, able 'Goat' builds a kite in his workshop and goes to fly it with his friends, the meek, patient 'Sheep' and the cute, helpful 'Frog'.
Enter our friend 'Duck'!
Usually at this point everything goes haywire because 'Duck' is synonymous with chaos - but NO! This time Duck saves the day and the life of one of the friends!

The only quarrel I have with this book is the art execution.
Usually one of the features of these books is the exquisite detail in the surrounding artwork and the vibrant colours. The standard Jez Alborough set was very high and one came to expect this of this series. However, in this book you get the feeling the author had to rush to print or was just a wee bit lazy as the surroundings have been reduced to a minimum and the detail is decidedly simplified down to almost nothing. A shame in my opinion, therefore four stars instead of five. Hopefully this is not the new standard for any future Duck-stories.
on 16 June 2010
My little girl loves this book.
Done by the same guy who wrote the famous Duck in the Truck.
A good rhyming story with great pictures & characters.
A book you can relly get involved with on many levels.
Simply wonderful, a firm favourite
on 29 May 2013
I didn't think this duck book was as good as duck in the truck or fix it duck. However my two year old boy can't get enough of it! As it was written for a child and not an adult what do I know! The duck books are fun to read and my toddler can't get enough of them. However many times you read them they don't get boring, which is good, as anyone with a little one will tell you, you may have to read a few times in one story sitting. It's important that mummy and daddy enjoy it also!! Highly recommend!
on 26 April 2012
Great book ..My 3 1/2 year old daughter and i were throughly engrossed in this .We found ourselves shouting out SUPER DUCKKKKK numerous times and laughing like mad afterwards.
As we got this from our local library i would say its one on the list to get ..Such fun ..Wonderful ...
on 23 September 2011
How can I rate this when I am a hundred times too old to appreciate it? All I know is I bought grandson (aged 4) Duck in a truck and now he wants them all - If that gets him wanting to read - I am happy. Delivery and price excellent - grandson delighted what more can I say?
on 6 February 2013
My 3 year old loves this book. She had duck in the truck and lived that too. The audio cd is also a nice touch and we listen to it in the car. Well illustrated and easy to follow another fab book from Jez Alborough.
on 24 June 2016
My son loves the Duck books. This one is also great, but I still think that the best one has always been Fixit Duck. It still makes me laugh whenever I read it to my youngest.
on 13 October 2013
My son loves these books and already had two others from the series. The rhyming throughout the story makes it easy for him to join in a the parts he likes.