on 21 December 2008
If you're lucky enough to be allocated a plot (or half-plot) at your local allotment, this guide will quickly get you up to speed with getting the most from your plot.

Designing your plot layout to work best for you and to minimise problems via crop rotation is tackled first, followed by a directory of vegetables to grow (both the usual suspects and more unusual crops) , techniques to use and ending with a guide to the seasonal year are all explained in detail, accompanied by lavish photographs and sprinkled with seasonal recipes. The allotment tradition of recycling anything that comes to hand is also catered for with a number of projects to try throughout the book.

With this guide to hand, you'll have a prize winning plot in half the time and be the envy of all the 'old hands'.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 May 2015
Would buy again. My only criticism is that (since it doesn't give exact months) I would like more of an indication of when it is "early Spring" when "late spring" etc......maybe a list of what is likely to be happening then in nature to help less knowledgeable gardeners plan. Otherwise can't fault it.
One person found this helpful
on 3 September 2009
This book is invaluable for those with an allotment or vegetable garden.

I especially like the 'sowing and planting' table which I am using to prepare for the coming new year to coordinate planting times. There is also guidance on crop rotation, ground preparation, and details on a great variety of vegetables and fruits.

All in all, a well written book, which is easy to read, crammed with information for those starting out in allotment gardening, like myself.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 October 2017
Helpful and enthusiastic guide to growing your own food.
on 8 January 2013
Bought this book for my Daughter as she has taken over an allotment. She has told me that she find the book very easy to use and reads it often. It is very informative. She uses the book in conjunction with The Allotment Seasonal Planner by the same author Andi Clevely.
I would recommend it.
on 14 April 2017
Excellent book it was bought as a present and was well received.
on 12 December 2013
I really like the book but it is not for me but a Christmas present for someone. It looks informative and if I had an allotment I am sure I would find the book interesting. I definitely recommend it to all those gardeners out there
on 21 December 2016
I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 25 February 2017
Found this book to be full of useful information for a beginner to allotments like myself. Covers loads of different aspects of growing your own vegetables and fruit.
on 20 August 2017
A great present and it arrived on time