on 8 September 2017
The book is just keeping along the guideline for Chemistry education in A-Lvel class. I wonder the book is less with organical part
on 26 January 2015
excellent service. highly recommended
on 19 January 2012
I genuinely found this book shocking to work with over my AS year, I'm now working with a CGP book (which my teachers hate) but I find it so much easier. I guess it's whatever works best for you.
The notes are concise, but a little too vague for me. There's a fair bit of calculation to be done in chemistry, some of them more difficult than others. And come exam time, if there's something you haven't done in a while and needed a reminder this just completely sends the chemistry bit of my brain into a nervous breakdown. I'm not a naturally maths orientated person, so when a book tells me to divide such-and-such by this teeny-weeny number, I'd prefer to know exactly why and how this is going to help.
If you latch onto maths and chemistry theories very quickly and generally find it quite an easy subject, I'm sure this book would work well for you. But for me, I prefer things that are crystal-clear in what they're telling you to do. This book has the complete spec. and is handy if you want to know what to revise for exams, but there's still a lot left to be desired in my case.
on 16 December 2012
This revision guide is a life-saver for me. Having bought all the other big revision books (Letts, CGP books, Nelson Thornes) this is by far my favourite. What I love is that there is ONLY information which you need to know. This is ideal for anyone who has limited time OR anyone who has months ahead of them till the exam... nothing extra, and nothing lacking - please buy it! Stop looking for anything else and buy this.
on 5 November 2012
I bought this at the start of my academic year (Year 12). Some of the detail is incredibly useful and explains it in different words to any other resource I've seen which can be very helpful, but it certainly isn't deep enough to cover you for your whole AS level, you really need to be using a number of other sources in conjunction with it.
on 1 November 2013
After reading some of the reviews, I have hoped more from this book than when I received it. Firstly, the book covers topics merely within a sentence when it should at least be a page. E.g. it described ionic and covalent bonding in one short paragraph. Secondly, it's the briefest revision material I have ever had, and the pricing is just ridiculous, it shouldn't even cost more than 5 pounds. (And the wording of this book sometimes it's difficult to understand)

I have also bought one for physics and it's the same story there. If I were you I would instead get the CGP student book for AQA. That book covers content in much more detail, it's much more easier to understand and more reader friendly, while it only costs 6 pounds more. I think my GCSE revision guide is probably more useful of a revision material than this book to be honest.
on 11 September 2012
I wouldn't agree with another reviewer about it's dependability.
Although it is a great text when used in conjuction with a guideline, it lacks a lot of vital and key infomation which is required for the modules.
on 25 October 2013
Great summaries, well written with a design that is interesting to look at, and professional, but not overly bright to the extent that it is off putting or ugly. Far superior to the horrible, horrible CGP revision guides!
on 9 January 2013
It's the best revision guide I have ever used. Explains everything you need for the exam and gives you examiners' tips which are highly useful. I personally only used this book and past papers and managed to get an A :)
on 1 October 2010
Bought this for my sons because it was a compulsory text. It is early days (they have only been using it for three weeks) but they say it is well laid out and easy to use.