Running Wild
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 January 2018
Excellent story for both adults and children. Mr. Morpurgo is brilliant at bringing world issues and events to the attention of children in a thought provoking and safe way. I have this particular story as a book, on kindle and on CD's. Great for teaching about grief and loss, tsunami, animal smuggling and conservation, the rainforest and palm oil farming, William Blake and survival. I take something new from it whenever I read it. My older classes love it.
on 10 August 2017
I chose to read this book because it seemed interesting and the blurb made me wonder what had happened to Will and Oona . I liked the entire book, I taught it was catchy and you never knew what was going to happen. I would defend they reccomend this book to anyone who isn't really I to to reading and it's hard to find a book tou like, I'd also recommend it to people who love books and adventures. This book is AMAZING!!!!💙💚💜💓💕💖💗💘💝💞💟👍
on 7 May 2018
I decided to give Running Wild five stars because I found it to be the kind of book you just can't put down. I bought this book because my grandson was reading it as part of his homework and I just had to find out what happened. I would recommend Running Wild to children and adults.
on 29 November 2015
What a fantastic book! Has had me in tears and the class I am currently reading it with for our unit of literacy on tenterhooks.

The children are loving the book and can really identify with the characters. They have produced some excellent illustrations, recounts and poems so far. There's scope for lots of different genres of writing from it and we are tying it in with our Year 4 Natural Disasters/Extreme Earth geography project so will be doing some non fiction research and writing too.
on 4 February 2016
Fabulous poignant story that had my kids riveted. This has now eclipsed Kensuke's Kingdom as our favourite MM book.
I read it as a bedtime story but older kids 11+ could take it on. The way it weaves the Iraq war and the boxing day tsunami into the story had my kids fascinated to learn more about these events in recent history
on 11 August 2016
Lovely story, compelling and interesting. for adults as well as children. i particularly loved the post scripts explaining how it came about that Michael Morpurgo wrote the book. i want to read Rudyard Kipling's Elephant Child now.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2017
My eight year old granddaughter loved this book.
on 28 January 2016
I absolutely loved this book. Immediately fell in love with the characters. It is about a little boy whose life is completely changed when the tsunami hits. Written very well, through the eyes of the child, he is helped along the way by some very unlikely creatures. Natures way of looking after each other.
on 21 September 2016
Another inspiring book by Michael Morpurgo. My class are reading this book as part of their Literacy work and are really engrossed with the subject content and having fun writing their own tsumani stories
on 11 April 2017
This is a great story , bought after seeing the show and loving it.