on 4 July 2013
Whilst Chris Hoy features greatly in the book, it is also a fascinating account of the development of British Cycling into what is probably the greatest and most successful British Team. It hides nothing and I found it both a truly inspiring and humbling account of what goes into becoming the best in the world .....three times over. A great read and a must for any cycling fan.
on 23 July 2017
As always another good book from Chris.
on 8 October 2015
Sir Chris Hoy is an inspiration to us all.
on 18 April 2015
Good read
on 9 July 2014
all as described -ok
on 7 September 2014
Enjoyed reading the book
on 8 November 2013
We are both keen cyclists even though we are approaching our dotage. Enjoyed this insight enormously. Bye, I am off on my bike!!
on 26 February 2015
Interesting insight into a sporting great And cycling as a sport.
on 24 April 2012
I didn't read more than the online excerpt, which was interesting. Book was bought as a gift and the recipient said that he enjoyed it.
on 2 September 2013
It is probably not fair to compare this to Chris Hoy: The Autobiography. If anyone asked I would recommend Chris's great autobiography. Simply because all the information in this book is in there and straight from Chris himself. The main thing I got from this book was that all the testimonials from other athletes and friends and even rivals for Chris all agree that the man is un-hateable, a supreme athlete and a great role model and ambassador of the sport. When you see things like that in an autobiography you think that people were told to say this but with an independent writer finding the same conclusions it is much more credible.

The book is well researched and written, as I said my main problem is it is a biography Vs an autobiography and the autobiography wins. Especially as it has not been extended to includes (now Sir Chris') great 2012, where as this book stops at the end of the Beijing Olympics in 2008. I also would have like to hear more about the other riders and the GB cycling team. This is a biography of a great athlete, but that is what it is and that is what it should be called.

All in all I did like this book but I would recommend that any fans of Sir Chris Hoy read his own book written by himself.