on 20 June 2008
For fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, this second volume of the Uxbridge English Dictionary will come as no surprise - an excellent book of word play and hilarity. And now that poor Humph has left us, this may become a unique item....depends what they do with the show. Excellent book, very funny, and guaranteed to make you laugh - a great tribute to the show...the best radio comedy show around. Highly recommended.....oh and one more definition....Propaganda....A good look :)
on 18 May 2008
Fans of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue will need no introduction to this collection - for everyone else all that I can give you is one "defination" - "Reincarnation - to be born again as a tin of condensed milk" - I am a cynical, hard bitten old sod but I cried tears of laughter when I read this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 30 January 2009
This is the second edition of the book based on the "I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue" game ... and it is as good as the first.
Full of spurious, comedy definitions of words. There are always some that bring tears to the eyes with laughing so much !
on 24 February 2016
A must have for any ISIHAC fan. Just open it, on any page at random, and enjoy! Silliness, double-entendre and fantastic sense of humour, as well as delightful British wit with every entry. Every now and then I may hear a burst of laughter coming from another part of the house - it usually is my better half having a read. Wonderful book - shame they haven't released the one song to the tune of another compilation CD!
on 8 April 2009
My family are great fans of, 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue,' with our favourite round being the new definitions round. that made this book a must buy. I don't think i've ever sat round and read a book with a whole load of people and being laughing constanly. It also has side entertainment from the looks of peoples faces when you tell them you are reading a dictionary.
on 3 June 2014
Being a scholar I have found this tome to be very useful in my studies.

I once visited Uxbridge and bought a foot pump so I feel somehow connected to this book.

The publishers obviously know the demographic that will read it and I find the large print helpful almost as much as the wipe clean dust jacket.

I'd just like to add, I once sat opposite Barry Cryer on a train to Euston when it broke down and was stationary for 3 hours. This was over 25 years ago and even to this day we still don't keep in touch.
on 10 June 2009
Great fun for anyone who likes linguistic humour and a must for all fans of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue"
on 27 January 2013
This small book is derived from one small fragment of the classic Radio 4 comedy panel game "I'm sorry I haven't a clue."
The regulars provide new definitions for common words with excruciatingly funny results. Sometimes there's a bit of brain work involved as the definitions come out of left-field and are very clever.
on 30 December 2015
Arrived early than stated and well packaged. This was a gift for my Dad as he is a fan of 'I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue' and he could not stop laughing when reading it. This made me curious - I sneaked a peak and could not put it down. Some of the entries will have you howling with laughter. The book itself is only small, a lot smaller than the picture would have you believe but still a great gift for someone with a sense of humour.
on 17 July 2013
The New Uxbridge is totally hilarious, full of inventive uses of the English language, don't read while traveling on public transport as you will find yourself LOLing and being stared at! One of the many great things about this book is that you can re-read it again and again and still find yourself convulsed with laughter.