on 28 March 2017
bought as a present and was appreciated
on 7 June 2017
Brilliant book. Very helpful for a beginner like me! And for a penny!!! Amazeballs!
on 9 August 2009
I have gardenened, like many of us for years. Good practical growing information. I had not really looked into many gardening books but this one I beleive is great. I always have surplus of many things and the recipe ideas are really good for changing or presenting in another way, something I had been doing the same for years. I like the planting cycle tables too. Lovely photos.
on 25 July 2009
I bought this for a friend who has just started to grow her own veg. She says that it is in continual use and uses it more than any other gardening book she has.
Good articles and well written. Very easy to follow and understand.
If I had a garden, I would buy it for myself.
on 4 March 2009
A little bit like Andy Clevely's previous book: "The allotment book" with more recipes. Still a good buy though if you do not own the other one.
on 28 February 2010
This book is one of my favourites, which I have read. I decided to buy it, because it have lots of usefully facts and helpfully hits. The recipes are a added bonus. It is a must with anyone that is going to grown vegetables. Young or old.
on 17 February 2012
Purchased this book (and its companion) for my son in law who has recently taken up gardening. He found that it is not only theraputic, but provides healthy excercise and with the organic food produced as the ultimate payoff. As an allotmenteer myself, I owned a copy of this book and found both it and its companion an invaluable source of information. Amazon was selling both volumes at an amazingly competitive price.
on 11 December 2011
Bought this book for my Daughter as she has taken over an allotment. She has told me that she find the book very easy to use and reads it often. It is very informative. I would recommend it.
on 18 January 2012
bought it for daughter's xmas and liked it so much bought one for me too - gives great month by month planner and the recipes are great especially for vegitarians
on 15 April 2012
Fabulous book, highly recommended. great ideas and recipes, will keep you both active and eating wonderful home grown produce, just like the doctor ordered.