Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 November 2009
Its a wonderful book full of scummy recipes plus it is stylish enough to sit on my book shelf.
on 17 May 2010
This is a lovely book - so personal and thought out. I have enjoyed reading and the recipes I have made have turned out wonderfully looking forward to more cooking in the future.
on 25 November 2010
If you loved her television series, then this is the book for you. Lovely recipes with a special touch. Cant wait to get baking!!
on 23 September 2010
She is beautiful, she is interesting and she is sexy! I love her. If I am going to have a cookbook then 'Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights' is my perfect study sample.
on 4 February 2011
Such a yummy cook book. Would recommend to all as it has some amazing recipes and none are all that complicated. :)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 May 2010
I loved this book it is such a personal cook book and Sophie is so enthralling. Beautiful book that I am so glad I brought.
on 15 June 2009
I really enjoyed this book and am sure that I will dip in and and out of this all the time when I want some inspiration. The recipes are simple and easy to follow. Something for everyone and Sophie's writing is most enjoyable throughout.

Hazel
on 27 September 2010
the delivery was very efficient. Got it within 7 days or less (Can't remember)

The book is great too. Love Miss Dahl. Highly recommended!
on 4 August 2009
There is no doubt about it, Sophie is a lovely writer, this book is part auto biography and part cookery book. I enjoyed reading about Sophies interesting upbringing but when coming to cook the recipes, my husband was not impressed and had me making cheese on toast to compensate! After a few attempts of cooking from this book, I was asked to stop! Yes, we love home made dinners and even though the flavours worked well with each other, they were not great meals and I certainly would not cook them again. With each and every cook book I buy (and I have over 100) I normally find at least 10 great recipes, the rest I cross out for future reference but Sophies carried only a few, her Fathers Chicken Curry was delightful (without the cauliflower boiled in mint) and my kids loved the blancmange jellies. I am sure there were a couple more but the majority of the recipes were disappointing. I struggled to find meals that I WANTED to cook.
on 3 May 2009
Saw Sophie Dahl on Jonathan Ross last night, and I would presume that many people watching would have wondered what a gorgeous ex-model is doing writing a cookbook. Just because Roald Dahl is your granddad doesn't follow that you should inherit his talent with the written word. Well as it happens I have read quite a few of her featured articles in Men's Vogue, and always admire her graceful eloquence and mots d'esprits, so whilst in Waterstones this morning I sought out and browsed through a copy of Voluptuous Delights. First impressions were that it has been produced to a very high standard (on Ross Sophie did say that she was a control freak and I would imagine is an aesthete); the design is sumptuous, the photography wonderful and the paper feels pleasantly touchable. Even the ink smells good. So being an amateur foodie, I bought the book and spent a very pleasant hour or so with it on the train home.

It's not uncommon these days for cookbooks to be more than a collection of recipes, but I really have enjoyed reading this one. Sophie engages you from the first introductory pages, and makes it easy to warm to her with funny anecdotes and self-deprecatory tales, but most importantly the writer creates a mouth watering anticipation for each and every recipe. So many cookbooks are quickly relegated to dust gathering duties on kitchen shelves but I can see this household using these recipes again and again. I JUST CAN'T WAIT to get to the shops tomorrow to sate the epicurean hunger that this book has created.

The proof as always is in the pudding, and these puddings not only sound and look delicious, but they are healthy too!

(and at this price on amazon, Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights are more that great value for money.
0Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse