on 24 May 2014
I had to re-order this wee book. I found it so useful that I foolishly passed to someone who didn't return it! Lesson learned. I bought it after seeing the author demonstrating at the Pencil Museum in Keswick. Unlike so many 'learn to paint' books, the projects in this wee book are achievable. The author explains the process clearly and encourages readers to try. It is a permanent feature of my arts library. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 6 March 2010
As it says in the description this is a book for the practiced beginner, not really for someone who wants to learn the "abc" of watercolours. But it's a really nice book that emphasises simplicity and enjoyment as being integral to painting watercolours. The pictures are simply explained ,not in a how to make an exact copy style but rather which techniques were used and suggestions on when you might use them.
Unlike one of the other reviewers I found the text useful and easy to follow. Fiona Peart writes in the first person because these are her pictures and in this book she explains how she created them. We can only guess as to why anyone would make an issue out of her using the word "I".
Anyway, it's a good book and i'm glad I bought it.
on 8 August 2016
Arrived this morning, another of those very useful Collins 30 Minute books,
difficult to find but a very good beginners guide and reference.
on 18 May 2017
Arrived on time, purchased for the Mother in law and she is happy with it
on 7 November 2012
This little book is full of lovely pictures & projects. Lots of useful and easy techniques are described with step by step pictures. It has helped me be a lot more free with my painting as I keep to the 30 minutes the book suggests. This a great book for people that can't put aside too much time to paint as it proves you don't need more than half an hour to produce something beautiful.
on 9 July 2017
Bought this for my wife who is well pleased.
on 7 April 2013
A relative asked me to order this book as they have just taken up Art classes.

They are really pleased with it and would recommend to a friend.

A good price was paid for it too and it was delivered really quickly.
on 16 July 2012
An informative booklet which has helped me in my efforts to learn more about painting. I always like to see how other artists approach their work in order to perfect (hopefully) my own.
on 5 September 2011
I've been keen to do a bit of painting for a while now. I've acquired some brushes, paints and paper, but the hardest part for me is putting brush to paper for the first time.

This inexpensive guide has lots of advice, some nice examples and a few simple exercises which should remove some of your initial fears and get you over that first hurdle.
on 21 May 2014
Not really sure this was worth buying. Nothing to get your teeth (or paintbrush) into. Book is also quite small and as such difficult to read.