Customer reviews

on 12 September 2008
This is an inspiring and a funny story. The little princess always calls on her mum to make things better. I read it to my 3 year old daughter and she always hugs me after the story is finished.
on 9 January 2009
This is the worst book for kids I have come across - I'd like to give it zero stars, but that doesn't seem to be an option. My 2 1/2 year old daughter has been given it from Santa at her nursery and brought it home full of pride. I started reading it with her, and after a few pages I just had to make up the text, as it was so awful. I was gobsmacked that pretty much every single page made me cringe - no other book has ever achieved that, and we have read a lot of kids books.

For a start I found it an awful message to a toddler that no-one but mum can do it right for little princess. Moreover, she shouts that message very loudly and annoyingly and then gets what she wants. This is definitely not how I want my daughter to behave - problem is that she generally wants to be like the character in the book and identifies herself with them and behaves like that and then just says " like the little princess" - great! Fair enough, in the end the little princes realizes that things can be ok without mummy too, but again, it is by sitting in front of a video and eating crisps - what a message! Also annoying were little phrases like "the awful thing happened" when, for example, she bumped her knee or spilt water over her painting. Another unfortunate one is the monster under the bed. Well, we are just about to move our daughter to a "big girls bed", and this is definitely not the time to get into her head that there are monsters under the bed that daddy cannot see ... .

All in all I find it a horrible book, and would NOT recommend buying it. There are so many great books about, don't waste your money and nerves on this one!
on 2 June 2010
I have now purchased 16 of the Little Princess books, my two year loves them all and can tell you every title to every book by glancing at the cover and she can also quote some pages word perfect. Great tool to get a child interested in words and reading. I would highly recommend this book in particular as its funny and comforting to a little one as 'Mummy always makes its better' (sorry Dad's).
on 18 February 2011
My 2 year old absolutely loves this book! I can see why some of the reviews could be mixed but I love it too, I think its all about how to phrase things and perhaps alter one or two words. Princess falls over and its 'a terrible thing' - well its not of course but you tell your child that. She is obsessed with this book at the moment and only wants it again and again. A+ from me.
on 7 May 2016
My son loves this book (and his mummy!), he reads out loud the child part himself