on 25 February 2009
This book covers a lot of grammar for German beginners to about 3-6months intensive/or 1-2 years of part time study but don't expect it to follow your course or give you all the answers you are looking for, it only opens the door a little and clears the mist. I wasn't necessarily left wanting and it did occasionally put light on a subject I was confused about but this book needs more examples and more explanations if it is to be used a proper reference guide/book to lean on when in trouble. Nonetheless, I got it in a 3-for-all deal and I still use it every now and then.
on 21 January 2009
I don't think there could be a more effective book to use than this. Within half an hour of reading it, it had cleared up so many things. I have been learning German for three years now and found some of the grammar very difficult but this made it all so clear. The same goes for the Spanish version of this book. Both are definitely worth buying!!
on 29 January 2010
Like other reviewers, I wouldn't say that this is a complete or comprehensive guide, but I've been studying German for 3 years part time, and it has regularly proved to be a useful aide memoir. I certainly recommend it for students up to A-Level / B1/2 / ZD etc.
on 11 February 2011
I like this book. Carry it around when writing German for ease as it's not too big or heavy. However, probably best for reference only when you have a handle on the basics of German grammar.
on 5 May 2013
My husband is studying German and says and was struggling a bit with his Grammar. After buying this book he says he is now able to understand things more and that it has certainly clarified things for him.
on 27 November 2009
Very good for beginners, a good book to have while learning from a book and cd set.
on 15 April 2014
Purchased this as I was studying German and was very terrible at it. This helped a lot and showed how to structure sentences. I would recommend this product.