Customer reviews

Where Demons Dare
Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 May 2014
I read all of this series right through one after the other. I have given this book 5 stars but basically it applies to all of them in the entire series because I couldn't put them down and realised early on that not everything would be alright in the end. Amongst the laughter are some terribly sad moments but they make stories which are totally absorbing. Expect a roller coaster of emotions, a lot of laugh out louds and reaching for the handkerchief.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2014
What could be better? Well superb writing and a skill with emotional angst that is hard to beat. Kim Harrison's subtle handling of Rachel's inner turmoils are painful-sweet and gut wrenching agony and yet she is still a strong protagonist and the reader hunches breathless over her struggles daring to hope she will find a way through, and she does. Can I be the only person in the world to hope deep down that she and Ivy become a couple? And Ivy, oh Ivy, aren't you just the right blend of sweet and wicked. Ohh yes. Can't wait to find out what happens in the end, and yet, don't want it to end. Such bitter sweet pain!
on 26 November 2015
Well I'm at book 8 taking them one at a time and I can't put them down, I guess I'll go all the way to book 13. Plenty of magi action a couple of girly bits here and there and some humour. It's kept my interest right up to the present book so... I'm in to the end.Well I'm at book 8 taking them one at a time and I can't put them down, I guess I'll go all the way to book 13. Plenty of magi action a couple of girly bits here and there and some humour. It's kept my interest right up to the present book so... I'm in to the end.
on 25 April 2016
Jenks is a dream! Shame a limited life span has been put on him. The story is very different, but, was not sure I would keep reading them as the Ivy situation really did go on and on. So glad it's over, can now enjoy the rest.
on 4 May 2010
Once again Rachel Morgan does battle with the forces of evil. She has started to look in earnest for her lover's murderer and discovers more than she bargained for about her family and her past. As usual, she's in a hole, but doesn't seem to be able to stop digging! No sooner has she patched up her differences with one group than she's antagonised someone else. As usual, someone is out to kill her and this time they are using her old demon enemy Al as a weapon.
on 11 February 2014
Kim Harrison is one of my favourite author's at the moment. Whenever I finish one of her books I end up buying the next one straight away. This book spends some time dealing with events that happened in the previous book. I was glued to the book throughout
on 11 January 2017
great writer
on 25 March 2017
excellent book
on 30 December 2012
It is easy to lose track of what makes a series great however Kim Harrison has managed to continue this series without getting silly or losing the plot.
on 18 May 2013
HAVE GOT HOOKED ON ALL KIM HARRISONS' BOOKS ABOUT RACHAEL MORGAN, THEY HAVE EVERYTHING, WIT, AND ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE BELIEVABLE