on 2 April 2005
Kim Wilde has had a very successful career as a gardener during the past few years, having won a medal in an RHS show and having written various gardening columns. This book is proof that she can truly enthuse people - be they children or adults - into this gardening thing. Her lively descriptions of her own experiences in gardening as well as those of her children come across as truthful and enthused, and the 31 projects she describes can easily be reproduced even if you're not an experienced gardener yourself. Some projects require a bigger garden than some of us may have, but others can even be done in the privacy of a two square metre garden!
The lay-out of this book is charming, illustrations and photographs are great. When it comes right down to it, this book is a must-have. At least I think so, and I'm not even very much into gardening myself!
on 28 April 2005
A lovely well simply written book with great pictures of Kim Wilde and children gardening.It goes from showing you how to sow tomatoes plants,Sunflowers,Ivy Hearts,Courgettes,Peas,etc to activities like making a Willow Den,Wands,Hopscotch Path,Tile Mosaics and a Car Track plus many more.
It teaches us how our children can taste,see,smell and feel different plants.The book also tells us how we can make a Fairy Garden,Dinosaur Garden,A wormery and Bird Cakes to hang on trees.Even if your not a gardening fan it's worth buying the book for a good read and of course new pictures of Kim.
Gareth321
on 3 May 2005
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only 30 something who doesn't obsesively follow Ground Force (or Grand Farce, in the case of my garden) for ideas for what to do with the space outside my backdoor. I just DON'T get it and rely on my other half to suggest things to do and what would be "nice".
It is with a great deal of gratitude that I thank Kim Wilde for reminding me about the times I stood in the garden with my Dad and Grandad when I was a bairn, and explained the basics, the simple joys of nurturing something.
Hate to say it, but I'm in danger of becoming a gardening bore. Thanks Kim!
Seriously, a fab book whose noble and simple intentions are executed impeccably.
Looking forward to part 2!!!
VINE VOICEon 10 September 2008
In this book Kim Wilde has come up with numerous inspirational projects to get kids out and doing things in the garden. There are a wide range of ideas for big or small gardens, big or small projects, short and long projects and for all pockets. The projects are clearly explained and the text is interspersed with ideas for 'making life easier' and other ideas for entertaining children - or grabbing their interest - in the garden. Lovely book - can't wait to get started! If only the weather was better.....!
on 18 May 2006
I'm so pleased to have found this book! I think it's pretty groovy for a popstar to become a gardener instead of a designer of swimwear, so I bought the book. And it's bursting with creative projects to do in the garden with and for children. Ideas for small and large gardens; fun for little kids and bigger ones; cheap and pricey projects to suit your budget; fairies and dinosaurs, flowers, veg and scarecrows...invite them all.

Step by step instructions with pictures, safety considerations, tools you need, everything's covered. Have fun!
on 16 January 2014
This is a lovely book, full of really good, inexpensive ideas for getting children interested in the garden. A great find and so very reasonable, i would definitely recommend this and would have paid full price.
on 18 August 2015
Great little book packed with ideas to get your little ones in the garden. I bought this to give me some inspiration to encourage my 4yr old to come with me to my allotment. From safety tips, to crafty ideas. Great buy.
on 22 October 2007
Excellent book.
My children love it because it has lovely photos and is very possitive.
We have tried already doing many of the suggested activities.
I guess the only downside is that it is not very easy to get hold of some of the materials.
on 8 April 2010
I bought this for my daughters to give to their dad as a Father's Day pressie a few years ago. He's an avid gardener and they love following him around the garden so I thought they'd enjoy sharing this. However, he's never looked at it & neither have they. There is without a doubt some good fun ideas in here but most do require that you have a decent sized garden! I've made the 'fairy garden' with them, which they both loved - but that's the only idea that we've done to date!
on 31 January 2015
Still use this book with my daughter for gardening. She loves to plan what goes where in the garden. A great buy if you wnat to get your kids interested in gardening.