on 1 July 2014
I have been trying to get hold of a good NRVS Bible for some time and they were always either too expensive, too small a typeface, American versions....I decided to take a chance on this one and it just arrived (two days earlier than predicted).
It's a very nice Bible with a sturdy cover and removable dust jacket. The print is clear and large enough for me. I like the lay out very much - verses are clearly numbered and there are references down the centre of each page. The paper is quite thin which I like as it reminds me of my old Bible. All in all I am extremely happy.
My one gripe is that the bottom front corner is marked and the dust jacket damaged there too. This was not done in the post as it was securely inside an Amazon box which was intact. Shame about the damage but, as I need it for Bible studies this week, I will not be returning it.
on 12 April 2015
Just the version of the Bible I wanted and needed. After attending an Alpha course I wanted a version that held cross referencing and this does just that. Very good value and delivery.
on 27 July 2013
Having in the past been used to using The King James Version. I enjoyed what I called the poetry of the language. However I like using this newer version, which is easier to understand, with clear print. As always Amazon delivered this when they said they
would
on 4 March 2015
I liked this version, I bought it as our Church now uses this version for the Readings. I rate it a four star as it doesn't have a Marker to place between the pages.
on 14 October 2015
The look of the bible is stylish. It is hardcover so it will stay for a long time. Just the writing of the words are too small, Don't recommend to people who don't like to read small words in the bible, it will make you feel sleepy. But overall the words from the bible are written in modern English so it is easy to understand.
on 30 July 2017
Recommended daily reading
on 3 April 2015
Nicely packaged and delivered, promptly. This is one of the best translations available, modern but accurate.
on 5 October 2017
Great bible! Really easy to read and well set out.
on 1 September 2017
A recommended bible for the Anglican Christian studies course which I enrolled in, although I prefer the KJV.
on 19 March 2014
It was time I had a modern edition and the bible arrived in time for my reading on the following Sunday. The paper is thin so ,as I found, you have to be careful not to turn two pages at once!