on 11 January 2018
Oh dear, a Marmite job. Not always a popular view but I like Boris despite his faults. I really found this very readable, it goes back a long way and I learnt a lot about him. A daring and determined foreign reporter and successful editor (The Spectator), I am not sure politics plays to his strengths, time will tell.
on 18 May 2015
I do think it is very funny indeed. It also is quite political which I wasn't expecting but maybe the first few chapters focus on that area. It is refreshing to read about politics which is quite a boring subject but with humour too. I didn't realise it was written in Blair times so in some ways it seems slightly dated but also interesting also with the benefit of hindsight.
One person found this helpful
on 25 August 2017
Fast delivery. Exactly as described.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Great read. Very enjoyable thank you! Highly recommended by a close friend for a "holiday read"!
Regards
Clive
on 6 January 2017
Boris Johnson is my favourite politician and my favourite author. This book is absolutely fantastic. A brilliant read from cover to cover! I highly recommend this great book written by a great man!
on 2 December 2015
Ideal Christmas present. Splendid use of the English language.
on 28 May 2014
Just the job for my father, aged 96, who just loves reading about people youger then him and who are also in the news. A good choice.
on 2 November 2013
Johnson's classical background is very obvious and doesn't always relate to mine! Heavier going than I expected but some parts very entertaining
on 3 October 2017
very ejoyable and very well written
on 8 April 2016
Excellent writer with challenging opinions