Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 September 2007
I have always been deeply sceptical of the idea of juicing, even more of the idea of cleaning a juicer! But I have to say, this book has entirely won me over.

In a mad moment, I bought an Anthony Worrall Thompson Breville JE15 juicer and this book and have been juicing the tastiest of recipes daily ever since. (And actually the juicer's really easy to clean if you stick everything in cold water as soon as you have used it - big plus!)

The recipes taste really good - the balance of flavours in them all is superb. Shocked to find a committed chocoholic like me actually likes this stuff (although he does have a few good recipes with chocolate in too - cool guy!) and that none of the recipes need extra flavouring, sugar or salt or whatever, to make them taste good. This guy knows what he is doing.

The chart at the back of the book listing which fruit and veg contain what and are good for what in particular is a really useful addition.

This is a great book, I am a surprised and happy new devotee of juicing and these recipes are simple, easy to put together and taste fantastic. Give it a go. I doubt you will be disappointed.
0Comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2008
This is a great book, with a massive range of juice and smoothie recipes. There are fruit juices, veg juices, kids juices, smoothies, and even ice cream smoothies. There is a section for sporting types & a section which suggests the best juices for various ailments. All explain why the ingredients work too. Excellent.
on 1 October 2009
I needed a book to help me to get started juicing and now I cannot put it down. It lives permanentely on my kitchen surface along with my mixer. Great buy, wonderful and easy to follow recepies and JV has really inspired and motivated me.
on 31 August 2007
I am a juice amateur, but having tried some really tasty juices in the states I bought a juicer and this book recently thinking I'd give it a go at home. The book itself is beautiful, it's brightly coloured, well laid out and is quite a joy just to flick through - it's also split into very useful sections so there's one especially for kids, one for detox, one for simple juices, one for smoothies etc etc and if you find yourself with a glut of a certain fruit or veg on your hands the index will quickly refer you to all relevant recipes.

The recipes themselves are excellent. They are massively varied and whilst some sound great on paper and you just can't wait to get juicing, others sound less appertising... but I've not come across one yet that when put to the test didn't taste great. I am still quite new to this so I will stick with the book for a while - and there are more than enough ideas to be going on with, but I hope that with the advice that Jason offers about quantities and combinations, with a bit more time I will be able to put togethr some of my own recipes too.

A very good but which has ensure that my new juicer will not gather dust - if you are looking to buy a juicer - I can highly recommend the
Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer which is on sale at amazon at the moment, I chose it after extensive research and have not been disappointed. It is also the juicer favoured by The Juice Master Himself.

Happy Juicing!
on 12 September 2007
I am a complete novice when it comes to juicing, but have been plagued by daily Migraines for some time, and saw Jason's Juicy Pharmacy and decided to give The Migraine Juice a try, It has really helped and It tastes really good. I have converted the whole family, My hubby has the Asthma Jucie, My daughter has the clear skin one! (and yes her teenage skin has improved...) I am now mad about juicing, love it..... I do feel better, and my Migraines arent as frequent as before. This is the best juicing book, tried a different one by another author and the juice was foul - really bad!
on 17 April 2007
Thanks again for a brilliant book. At long last Jason Vale releases a book dedicated to recipes, and it is fantastic. I have found it easy to follow, full of colourful pages and well thought out chapters. The reason this book sticks out from other juicing books that I have bought, is that it explains the nutritional benefits of the juices and even has a natural pharmacy section.

Why but a whole load of books for the information, when this has it all?

It really does cover all aspects of Juicing, I would recommend it to anyone who is interested, or already juicing.
on 28 May 2007
Can't recommend the book as I have yet to read it but, having seen the man (Jason)on the Jordan workout vid I got for my good woman I realised It was the same guy I hung around with in school! and I can honestly say he is a changed man! All that he says's about his life before he found 'Juice' is true. So if it can work for him, it can work for anyone! I've seen loads of books where the author claims he is now a changed man because of his new found product but having spent my entire secondary school education with him, (and I wish I could put up a pic to show you!) I can hardly believe it's the same guy! If you do read this J, once a Flyboy always a Flyboy! All the best.
on 27 May 2014
This is such a good book for someone who is in the initial stages of changing their diet to a healthier lifestyle. Personally, I am not about to go on a juicing diet and can't face giving up bacon in place of a celery smoothie every morning for the rest of my life. I have begun the Paleo method and want to cut out processed foods for health rather than weight loss. However, the juicing recipies Jason gives are absolutely delicious and I never thought a celery smoothie could taste so good (I hate celery). I have also lost weight in just two weeks of cutting out junk and replacing a packet of crisps with a juiced drink (an added benefit), whilst still having a main meal of meat & veg every day.

There is a juice for everyone in here - from kids, to office workers, to those in old age. I particularly like how he has created juices for specific ailments too, or some which focus on health and beauty. Well written and delicious juices - well worth the buy.
on 17 May 2007
This latest book from Jason Vale is a MUST for any fan of juicing because it is the best compendium of excellent recipes ever! This is the first of Jason's books dedicated to juice recipes and is the best thought out, tried and tested recipe book of its kind that I've seen. There are no strange concoctions in this little lot, just brilliant tasty and nutritious drinks that make your mouth water.

Your greengrocer will love you for buying this book. (Your doctor too!)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 September 2015
A really good book that explains all about why we should drink juice and smoothies, what it can do for our health and well-being and what the individual fruits and vegs do for us and our bodies. There are juices for specific health issues and lots of healthy juices for everyone. I really like the way Jason writes, it's as if he is talking to you.