on 8 September 2010
What I like about this book is the fact it covers words and expressions from all regions in Scotland, some lost gems in there that I long forgot.

Fully recomended and quite useful for foreigners who have any sort of interest in Scotland or its dialect.
on 6 August 2011
It wis a very guid book, a learnt mair words fae aroon the kintra fae this book.

I wid recommend it tae anywan who wis wantin' tae learn aboot Scottish lowland language.
on 16 November 2012
this little book alltho small on size is big on knowledge, one day it may come in handy if i ever get to visit scotland , its well worth reading Scots Dictionary (Collins Gem)
on 22 November 2012
Having also bought Collins Scottish Words: A wee guide..., I would recommend that instead. This is a straightforward dictionary, I missed the humour and detail of the Wee Guide
on 14 February 2014
The Burns Address got me interested and I then bought another book of Burns Verses with a 1821 guide to meanings in Lallans. My memory for the old language isn't bad but I've never felt happy with 'rive' pronounced ryve which means split or burst......... In the context and feeling of the verse I reckoned it to be French - 'rive' to dream. Burns and my own family used quite a lot of French. Aumry, Fenestry, Forcette etc. spring to mind.
on 5 December 2013
My husband who is English and now living in Scotland is always complaining that he does not understand some of the words I use in any of the discussions we have so I am hoping that the "Scots Dictionary" can explain them to him and also teach him how to pronounce them!
on 2 September 2013
Smaller than I imagined. Pocket size virtually bought as A leaving present for someone who was moving to Scotland. She seemed to like it so happy with it. Would recommend!
on 24 April 2013
Brought this for a friend who was moving to Scotland. got it as part of a survival kit for her new life, very good lots of information. She loved it.
on 23 January 2014
Great wee book of Scots words. it has the definition to all those strange words which normally leaves a southerner saying "I beg your pardon"
on 28 May 2014
Excellent wee book full of all the Scots word's old & new. Would recommend to all who wish to do some reading on the Scots Language.