Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2017
I don't normally write reviews, but if it hadn't been for the positive reviews I had read here, I may not have bought this book, and so I hope this may inspire other frustrated mothers, desperate to encourage their sons to read.
My son is a typical 10 year old, not particularly interested in reading- the only books he would tolerate were the simple 'world of norm' type or reference books ( with lots of pictures and little text). I had tried so many books, David Williams, Harry Potter,etc, all read under duress, and as minimal pages as possible.
At Christmas I read the reviews of these books and bought this set for him. My enthusiastic 'these are meant to be amazing' on Christmas Day was met with raised eyebrows, and they were put on his book shelf to gather dust.
After several weeks of 'encouragement' to 'try the Christmas books', finally a few weeks ago, he agreed to read a few pages at bedtime.
The next morning, my son came rushing into the kitchen...' Mum this book is amazing- I've read over half of it, I love it'. I couldn't believe it...
Ever since, he has literally devoured the first three books, willingly going to bed to read, and the other morning even reading before school. I have bought the next four, in the hope that it will continue. He raves about them,and his sisters are queuing up to read them too.
Thank you thank you Erin Hunter- your books are clearly fantastic...you are the first author to truly inspire him to read.
I would recommend these books whole heartedly.
on 26 February 2013
I heard about this series online and could not be happier that I did.

It may seem simple to write a book but to take one thing and transform it into another is very hard. Hope is a key in this story as what goes does not always come back. The author transports you to the world the charaters live in with her vivid description of every leaf, twig and insect.

For those who like a little thriller from time to time, this book's for you.
on 12 June 2017
Purchased as a pressie
on 11 June 2017
Because it was good and my friends got me into this so I read the book and it was really good!
on 19 May 2017
A review by Cherry in year 5.

This is the first book in the series. It's about a housecat named Rusty who has been asked to join Thunder Clan. He agrees to this, and the story is brought into the forest, wrenched around plot twists and brought into battle into clan war. And as the sinister Shadow Clan gets stronger every day, one cat must be the bravest of them all. I think that most characters will appeal to others because they all make mistakes, as we do in real life. Recommended to cat lovers, people who love adventure, people who like plot twists and surprises, and people who don't mind crying at the tradgic deaths and moments.
VINE VOICEon 26 February 2009
There are some books your read where you simply never forget your first experience of them: Harry Potter and Northern Lights spring to mind here. I've read plenty of great stuff since then, but it's been a long time since I felt so pulled in to the world that it felt painful to pull myself out of it again.
Erin Hunter's debut novel of this series reminded what that felt like all over again. The world of the clan cats isn't as sprawling or complex as the universes of Harry Potter or Lyra's alternate world, but there's such a charm, a real sense of atmosphere, and such a grounded setting, that you can't helped but be sucked in to Firepaw's adventures, and in practically one sitting I lapped it up (sorry). it's like you're there with Firepaw all the time, and you too are being accepted into clan life.
It's got it's flaws: there are a lot of characters, and it can get a bit confusing at times (I must add, however, that this feeling lessens throughout the series as you learn properly about each character). And, as exciting as this new world can be, a fair bit of time is often lent to the day-to-day actions of working for the clan: hunting, building the den, etc. it can get tedious now and then but, I suppose, it just adds to the realism.
But, if anything, these flaws only add to the overall character of the book. I can't recommend this highly enough; I've already picked up book 2!
on 30 July 2012
This book is amazing! Highly recommended for animal and cat lovers of all ages! When i first got the book, i couldnt put it down, it was sooooooo good! It is not babyish in any way, and the writers who nicknamed them selves Erin Hunter arw amazing also! They have written 4 series, as well as lots of other books, whether about certain cat like Bluestar's Prophecy, or info mation like Codebof the Clans. I strongly reccomend this book, and hopw it brings you as much joy as it has me!
P.S: if you love the warrior ctas, then try this new blogging site:[...]
It is a new site, and will be a bit slow to start with, but once it gains memebers, it will get better. =)
on 19 April 2017
This book is the best book I have ever read and it is amazing for people who adore cats,love loooooong books,love depth or even just for beginners. I think if there was an infinate star mode,I would click on infinity and one :)+100000000.

(It's to good!!!)
on 4 March 2006
I have to admit, I rarely find books about cats that keep me entertained but this one did it easily. Reading Into the Wild was one of the best reads of my life. It's sort of along the lines of Varjak Paw or The Wild Road. I do like the way the book concentrates on the cats' emotions as well as actions. I also like all the twists and secrets that pass through the different cat Clans throughout the story.
My favourite characters would have to be the aprentices - younger cats training to be warriors - although some of things Dustpaw and Sandpaw say, to Firepaw, Greypaw and Ravenpaw, make me want to jump into the book and give them a good yelling at.
I don't like Tigerclaw at all and I don't trust him even the slightest bit more than Firepaw does.
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2007
Warroir cats are -nearly, harry potter is a 5 star too-the best books ever!!! Really! I bought this one just because it was about cats,and i didnt think to high of it. But then i read the first page- and was emidiatly stuck to it!! Into the wild is the first book and its about Rusty, a housecat(kittypet they call it)who longs for a adventurus life. One day Bluestar- leader of ThunderClan- invites him into her clan, and he gets an apprentisname: Firepaw. He gets to learn the Clan ways and to hunt and fight along with his friends Greypaw and Ravenpaw, who carries a dangerus secret...