Customer reviews

1,111
Format: Perfect Paperback|Change

on 13 July 2016
This is an absolutely lovely book. My children enjoyed the original and I am really looking forward to reading this to my grandchildren. I would note one small warning though: some of the paper engineering is a little bit difficult for younger hands, and even adults need to practice it a few times, to make sure that they don't break the parts. It's also worth doing a dry run, on your own, to unstick some of the movements, which are a bit tacky on a newly purchased book. Also, take care to move the correct bits: some parts open like pages, while others involve pulling 'arrowed' tabs. Things get a lot easier after the book has been used a few times, but it's worth breaking it in carefully :-)
on 14 August 2017
I was always jealous of people who had this book when I was a kid, so I bought it to read to my daughter. There is a lovely sense of nostalgia in the book (a milkman? The grocer boy?) but also a bit of "daddy works and mummy cooks the dinner". It's ok though-just a product of the time it was written. The illustrations are charming and simple and the size of the book is good to capture the gaze of kids. The length is good for baby bed time too.
on 11 April 2017
Purchased for our one year old granddaughter's visits. Although she is not old enough to understand the book, she constantly picks this one out from all the others. (Perhaps it's the handle).. I have read it so many times that I can quote it in my sleep. Would thoroughly recommend.
on 19 March 2016
A classic story that I enjoyed myself as a youngster and so purchased it to share with the children at the setting where I work who also love looking at this book with me. A far-fetched story of a tiger who came to tea one night and ate all the food in a little girls house. Beautiful illustrations that adults and children will both adore and children seem to find the hungry tiger pretty amusing! Timeless story to share with your little ones.
on 26 March 2017
One of the best and a firm favourite in our house. Loved by children and parents
on 13 February 2017
My autistic son is very particular in what he likes and he LOVES this book. We have brought many copies not because of poor quality but because he's worn them out.
on 24 July 2014
This is another book that i remember from my own childhood, and it is just as nice a story as i remember. Whilst the story may seem a little dated for modern children it is still captivating, and all kids like the idea of a Tiger coming for tea!
The illustrations are lovely and really add to the story with plenty of detail and a retro charm that is fascinating to my son.
I would recommend this to all parents who want something gentle, silly, and interesting to read to a small child. My son certainly had his imagination stoked by this!
on 27 August 2017
Great classic kids book with a great story and lovely bright pictures. A must have for any toddler as you will enjoy reading it to them. Good price and quality was great too. A little old fast opened in the roles of the parents but still a nicely illustrated book.
on 9 May 2016
I was advised to get this from others who remember it and although I don't quite understand how they could let such a cheeky tiger eat them out of house and home, my 3 yr old enjoys the story and that's what is important. The illustrations are fun and encourage my daughter to discuss the story as we read it which helps develop her reading comprehension.
on 2 December 2014
A classic book that is engaging for young children both through the language used, and by the great pictures. This is a firm favourite of my children, and I am now buying it for younger cousins (as my children are not happy to part with their copy, even though we have been reading it on a regular basis for years!). It is also worth noting that, if your children do learn to love this book there are some lovely tiger tea sets on the market to extend the play and enjoyment of the book further.