The Tiger Who Came to Tea (Book & CD)
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 February 2017
Brought this book for my two year old and he is really enjoying being read it. I read this book as a child myself and it's lovely to be able to read it to my son now. My son doesn't quite understand the story yet but the illustrations are great and it's an easy read so it keeps him entertained throughout. I try to make sounds and change my tone as i'm reading it so it's engaging for him.
on 14 August 2017
I was always jealous of people who had this book when I was a kid, so I bought it to read to my daughter. There is a lovely sense of nostalgia in the book (a milkman? The grocer boy?) but also a bit of "daddy works and mummy cooks the dinner". It's ok though-just a product of the time it was written. The illustrations are charming and simple and the size of the book is good to capture the gaze of kids. The length is good for baby bed time too.
on 13 July 2016
This is an absolutely lovely book. My children enjoyed the original and I am really looking forward to reading this to my grandchildren. I would note one small warning though: some of the paper engineering is a little bit difficult for younger hands, and even adults need to practice it a few times, to make sure that they don't break the parts. It's also worth doing a dry run, on your own, to unstick some of the movements, which are a bit tacky on a newly purchased book. Also, take care to move the correct bits: some parts open like pages, while others involve pulling 'arrowed' tabs. Things get a lot easier after the book has been used a few times, but it's worth breaking it in carefully :-)
on 11 April 2017
Purchased for our one year old granddaughter's visits. Although she is not old enough to understand the book, she constantly picks this one out from all the others. (Perhaps it's the handle).. I have read it so many times that I can quote it in my sleep. Would thoroughly recommend.
on 27 May 2016
These books were such a great price my kids love them and ask for them pretty much everyday! Luckily the books are great stories and really nice to read even after many many times, the pictures illustrate the story's really well and my children have so far not got bored of them. It's nice to have slightly longer stories in the form or board books as they are so well loved and they will Last for ages and they can easily turn the pages and there wont be any accidental rips. My children are 2 and 4 and the books are perfectly suited to their ages I look forward to getting more of the mog books.
on 19 March 2016
A classic story that I enjoyed myself as a youngster and so purchased it to share with the children at the setting where I work who also love looking at this book with me. A far-fetched story of a tiger who came to tea one night and ate all the food in a little girls house. Beautiful illustrations that adults and children will both adore and children seem to find the hungry tiger pretty amusing! Timeless story to share with your little ones.
on 10 April 2016
I bought this as a gift because The Tiger Who Came to Tea is one of our favourite children's books. It was a very good price and great as a baby gift because they are both board books and therefore, almost, babyproof. The books aren't too big either which makes these easy to have on bookshelves or take with you when travelling with baby. As a boxed couple of books it made them feel more gift-like too.
on 26 March 2017
One of the best and a firm favourite in our house. Loved by children and parents
on 24 July 2014
This is another book that i remember from my own childhood, and it is just as nice a story as i remember. Whilst the story may seem a little dated for modern children it is still captivating, and all kids like the idea of a Tiger coming for tea!
The illustrations are lovely and really add to the story with plenty of detail and a retro charm that is fascinating to my son.
I would recommend this to all parents who want something gentle, silly, and interesting to read to a small child. My son certainly had his imagination stoked by this!
on 2 December 2014
A classic book that is engaging for young children both through the language used, and by the great pictures. This is a firm favourite of my children, and I am now buying it for younger cousins (as my children are not happy to part with their copy, even though we have been reading it on a regular basis for years!). It is also worth noting that, if your children do learn to love this book there are some lovely tiger tea sets on the market to extend the play and enjoyment of the book further.