TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 September 2017
A medley of delights await in 'The Listerdale Mystery' by Agatha Christie - a book of twelve shorts by the Queen of Crime, first published, as a collection, in 1934. It's a real mixed bag of varying emotions - containing, amongst others, tales of mystery, romance and downright fun - headlined by 'The Listerdale Mystery' itself. Whilst I prefer the depth of the novels, this is ,overall, a very enjoyable read and quite nice to dip into - the Kindle version is well formatted and allows 'jumping into' stories direct from the list of contents, should you wish. A pleasant and, often lighthearted, change of pace.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 May 2018
Although I rate Agatha Christie as one of the great crime writers of all time I wasn't enthusiastic about this book.The storylines did grip you but I felt left you up in the air.I was waiting for the next chapter when I realized the story had come to an end,which happened a couple of times.I know that was probably the idea to leave you thinking but I much prefer a book that has a conclusion.Others may find that they enjoy this approach.It was not badly written but not my favourite of Agatha Christie.Give me Poirot and Miss Marple every time.
on 12 March 2015
Excellent listening. I was amazed at the marvellous reading by Hugh Fraser. It is nearly word for word as the book of the same title and a wonderful companion when alone.
4 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2014
For lovers of Agatha Christie these short stories show a different side to her writing abilities using only a few pages to draw you in and keep the suspense going you don't get the gradual build up as with her stand alone novels but do get a chance to see other aspects to her writing great for a winters evening or for those times when you want to quickly lose yourself in a story
on 7 September 2017
I'd not read some of these short stories before so really enjoyed this book
on 10 January 2018
Enjoyable read on plane journey. Perfect
on 6 November 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, would recommend.
on 14 August 2017
Not a straight forward set of mysteries - brings out her fun side in several, also her more romantic side. What an interesting woman she was.

A chocolate box of stories
on 21 May 2017