on 12 December 2005
I have read & immensely enjoyed Ceclia Ahern's previous 2 books (PS, I Love You & Where Rainbows End) & was desperate to get my hand on this one when it was released. And I wasn't disappointed - it was so wonderfully different to some of the mush on the shelves these days and I fell in love with all the characters right away. The storyline could almost be described as a grown-up fairytale which allows you to escape into a a fantasy world where we all have imaginary friends watching over us! I thought the whole book was lovely from start to finish (and I did not want it to finish!) - I would recommend it to anyone!
on 17 November 2013
If you loved PS I Love you, then you will love this book. I just kept wanting to read more and more of the book and not wanting to put my kindle down, but when I did I would look forward to reading again.. Cecilia Ahearn has a great imagination I love her style of writing.. I would recommend this book to anyone can't wait to read the next one now..
on 15 January 2016
A beautifully written story about friendship. Although it does drift towards a romance this book highlights the importance of friendship. I read in one sitting because it was too good to put down, definitely recommend for Cecelia Ahern fans as I would argue that it was one of her best writes.
on 10 February 2006
I loved 'p.s I love you' and was expecting great things of 'If you could see me now'. The story is dragged out and has little to grip me. I have nearly finished it but have been on the verge of abandoning it several times. There are a few beautiful passages but generally the book is dull and lacks something.
on 6 January 2015
I DIDNT GET STRAIGHT INTO THIS BOOK BUT WHEN I DID ENJOYED IT, felt sorry for the characters in this book especially Elizabeth when, her mother left then she ended up taking care of her father sister and nephew.
She had no life of her own, until the spirit showed her the way,
on 17 April 2014
I loved this book. It got me back into reading again after working so much and being to tired to do anything.
Its a fantastic story. Imagination and Belief are really important in this book. And it made me smile and laugh.
I'm not giving anything away, just read it.
on 22 June 2009
Elizabeth Egan is a buttoned up, unappreciated martyr to her family. At the outset of If You Could See Me Now, she is almost unbearably unlikeable. She has the care of her nephew, Luke, due to his mother's instability, and she has no idea, or interest, as to how to relate to this little boy. Enter Ivan.

Ivan has a very special way of looking at the world, and a special way of being seen. He breaks things down into the segments that truly matter, and throws the rest away. His gentle good humor breathes life and humor into this book, and provides a new way to look at life, if one cares to see it.

If You Could See Me Now is not by any stretch a demanding read. What you get out of it, however, depends on what you bring to it. I found some home truths that will stick with me for a lifetime, which makes this novel well worth the time it took to read. I was reminded that life is what we make of it, and that we must choose to find joy, and not lock ourselves away from it. These are simple truths, but so easy to forget. I'm grateful to Ms. Ahern for the reminder.
on 26 December 2005
I read the first two books and thought they were good but not all time greats, real beach reads!, thought I may as well read the third and am very glad I did. It was much better, very well written, though did occaisionally jump from first to third party!, and I couldn't put it down. Well worth reading, looking forward to the next one.
on 12 February 2006
Really enjoyed her previous 2 novels and was looking forward to reading this. Very disappointed had to give up half way through which is very unusual for me.
on 22 March 2014
Totally LOVED this book, it had a real feel good factor that made it so easy to read and made me feel well happy :) captivating characters that you just fall in love with, would make an excellent holiday book. Fantastic!